Chapter 12: Epilogue

Slowly Harry felt his mind rise from sleep. He laid in a comfortable bed, white-golden sunlight surrounding him. Bandages were covering his hands and neck, where he had come into contact with Quirrell's skin.

"Well, good morning." Said Salazar "You just missed Godric. He went down to the Great Hall to join the others for breakfast."

"What happened?" Harry pressed out, still feeling dizzy. "How long have I been here?"

"You have been here for a week. Yesterday was the End of Year Feast. As for what happened... Quirrell, or rather, Voldemort was strangling you. Some sort of magical protection activated and practically burned the man alive. I do not know where that came from but I have some theories. We arrived just in time to pry the charred body off of you and you went out like a light after that."

"Do any other people know what happened?"

"Well your friends, most of the Ravenclaws and the entirety of Slytherin House know what really happened. The official version however states that Daniel Potter heroically saved the stone which is why Dumbledore saw it fit to award Gryffindor enough house points to win the House Cup. And having realized the threat it posed to society, Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy the stone."

Harry chuckled mirthlessly "Nicholas Flamel has been most likely dead for about a year, Dumbledore removed the stone from the vault without the necessary authorization. As for its destruction..." Harry used his winds to pull his robe from the chair next to Salazar. Fishing around in the pocket, he pulled out the blood red stone. "The mirror only gave the stone to someone who wanted to find it, not use it. Dumbledore used the Mirror of Erised's original enchantments, so that the mirror would slip the stone into the searcher's pocket. However Dumbledore could not find the Stone since all of my pockets are secured with anti-detection charms."

"What do you intend to do with it?"

"I think taking it to Gringotts is the best way of action. If Flamel is by any chance still alive, he'll want it back."

"I'll do that and you rest some more. Oh and..." Salazar fished something shiny out of his robes, tossing it to Harry. "Your Christmas present. Some things happened, so I never got to send it to you."

"Some things?"

"I'll tell you when we get home."

Harry watched Salazar leave the room. With a frown he stood up as well. After all he had slept for a week, staying in bed for even another minute seemed like a nightmare.

He found Hermione coming from the library, together they walked down to the Great Hall, where the students were gathering for the train ride back to London.

"So, how does it feel?"

"How does what feel?"

"Well, from what I've heard you just about saved the world from another Wizarding War."

"I guess I don't feel any different. I did not even do all that much..."

"Whatever floats your boat." Hermione shook her head amusedly. "So, what are you going to do when you are not saving the world?" She asked in a teasing tone.

By now they had reached the court yard, having passed the Great Hall. A loud scream interrupted their conversation. "HADRIAN EMRYS-LEFAY! DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO STAY IN BED!?!"

Harry chuckled. "I'll just do what I always do." He winked at Hermione before pushing of the ground, leaving gravity behind.