"The new COD is hella mid bruh, yes it's cool and all but they just keep spitting out the same game with a similar storyline than the last one!"

Uzi practically spat out as he was talking to Carti on Facetime.

"That's the whole point of the series Symere, it's supposed to be fucking mostly battle royal and free play. What more can you add to that, huh?"

Carti argued back.

"But they get billions of dollars just to rehash the same shit over and over. Nobody's barely buying Cold War and that's the end of the discussion, Jordan."

Uzi made sure to add a sparkle of a condescending tone when he spewed out Carti's real name.

Carti couldn't help but crack a smile. Having someone to debate about games with was his idea of fun.

His friends mostly just played them and didn't really care for game theories or new updates, aka, meaning, they weren't big ass nerds.

"All I'm saying is, I get what you mean, but honestly for me...there's no money lost. The game is fun."

Uzi stared at the camera as if he was about to jump through it. He grabbed his phone from where it was propped up and looked down at it as if he was getting a closer look.

"Well it's not like you can play it now, can ya?"

Uzi teased spitefully.

Carti playfully rolled his eyes then started taking screenshots of their FaceTime.

Now of course because Carti is on the computer, it didn't notify when it was a screenshot taken but he had his volume all the way up so that Uzi can hear the sound.

His excuse of doing this was that he was trying to annoy Uzi, who ACTUALLY despised the sound.

And as expected Uzi gave Carti the reaction he was looking for.

To be honest, Carti wasn't sure if that was the only reason he did it. Because when Uzi hung up, he found it emotionally hard to delete the screenshots.

"There's a lot of tighty whitey wearer activity going on right now."

Uzi joked.

This caused Carti to lightly chuckle, and so did Uzi.

Uzi always found Carti's smile contagious.

He often would reminisce to the time where he would see Carti at the lockers after Human AP.

Glancing over he would see Carti leaning against some random pretty girl's locker, towering over her as they locked eyes and he gave her that million-dollar grin.

The girl would be giggling, and Uzi knew exactly what that girl was feeling at that moment.

Something that Uzi finally got to feel up close.

It was like a dream come true.

At this point, they've been constantly on FaceTime since the first day they called.

It was now the third day.

In between zoom classes, homework, or just to check on each other, they have been looking in each other's faces.