49: Closing Night Part II

Start from the beginning

" Am I in trouble?" Josh asked as he got up.

" No, she is." Natalie mumbled, earing a sharp elbow to the ribs from Bexley.

" Sorry." Natalie laughed, sitting next to Nick. Bexley rolled her eyes, leading Josh to a quiet hallway.

" Well, funny story." Bexley started.

" Okay?" Josh gave her an odd look.

" You're gonna be a dad again." She held up the sheet with the positive test results.

" Wait...WAIT!" His eyes widened.

" I'm gonna be a dad again?" He read through the paper seven times over.

" Yeah." She laughed.

" Yes!" He beamed, spinning her as he pulled her into a hug.

" Is it too early to tell Penny?" He questioned.

" No, I'm past twelve weeks." She smiled.

" Penny!" Josh ran back into the waiting room. He returned a moment later with a very confused Penny.

" What's happening?" She gave them both odd looks.

" Penny, you're gonna be a big sister." Bexley smiled.

" What....WAIT!" Her reaction perfectly mirrored Josh's. Bexley laughed at her expression.

" I'm gonna be a big sister!" She beamed excitedly.

oOOo

Around midnight Sky came out to the waiting room, the brightest smile on his face.

" I have a son!" He called. And the room fell into chaos. After cheers and congratulations, the group made their way into the room, despite the doctor's protest.

" It really should be family." He stated.

" They are our family." Cara said absentmindedly. The doctor eventually folded once her saw Penny's excited face.

" He has red hair, like Sky." Penny giggled. Cara smiled, not taking her eyes away from her son.

" So, what's his name?" Chaz asked quietly, sitting on the couch.

" Albert Conor Flaherty." Sky beamed. Cara glanced up at Bexley, flashing her a silent question. Bexley nodded, making Cara's eyes widen.

" No way." Cara whispered.

" What?" Sky glanced at her. JoJo quickly caught on.

" Wait a minute..." JoJo looked at Bexley.

" I was there so..." Natalie leaned into Nick.

" What is happening?" Michael looked between the girls.

" Did they all know?" Josh smirked.

" We put two and two together." Cara laughed.

" Do we get to be in on this little secret or...?" Ben raised his hand.

" Oh, I know the secret." Penny beamed.

" What secret?" Iain asked.

" If you want to." Josh chuckled, wrapping his arms around Bexley from behind.

" We're having a kid." Bexley said.

" Wait what." Jeff blinked.

" Yep." Bexley nodded. The room was utterly silent.

" I would cheer, except there is a smol child." Nico pointed to Albert.

" Yeah, good choice." Cara grinned.

" Congratulations!" Jeff whispered loudly after getting over his shock.

" Excuse me, you have some people waiting for you." A nurse knocked at the door.

" Who?" Cara made a face.

" They said they're your family." The nurse added.

" Oop, good luck." Jeff dashed out of the room.

" Good luck." Bexley said as the group filed out. After the last person left, Cara's family made their way in. Anni came in first, followed by Karl.

" Is this my nephew?" Anni whispered, eyes bright with excitement.

" Wanna hold him?" Cara smiled. Anni basically melted when she saw his little face. Karl and Sky shared a handshake and a hug before he turned his attention to his nephew.

Then her parents came in. Leon greeted both Cara and Sky happily while Greta hung back.

" Is this my grandson?" Leon asked, looking at the little redhead in Anni's arms.

" Albert." Cara smiled. Anni's head shot up.

" After his uncle." Anni whispered. Cara turned her attention to her mother. She was too tired to be sassy and curt. Instead, her and her mother shared a silent hug. It wasn't perfect, but it was progress.