New ones and Old Ones

You wanted to chase after him, let him know he didn't have to run, Steve would understand. Instead you simply made your way back toward your room. Thankful for the empty halls.

You closed your door and collapsed to more tears.

How could someone who was so warm become so cold?

You stayed on the floor, head in your arms, until you fell asleep

You stayed on the floor, head in your arms, until you fell asleep. When you woke up the room was dark and you still felt no energy or need to move, just laid your head back against the door.

He would be gone by now.

Before you let another wave of tears fall you picked yourself up. Taking a deep breath, filling your lungs.

He made his choice, now you could make yours.
************************************
Your hands were shaky as you slipped on the blue silk shirt. You examined yourself in the mirror again.

You look fine

You checked your phone again, it was almost 7:30p.m. He'd be at your door any moment.

Doing a once over for the millionth time, you laughed at yourself.

You can do this, you deserve this.

Bucky had been gone for almost a month now and you hadn't tried to reach him. And you heard nothing from him.

You'd be lying to yourself, if you didn't admit that you had picked your phone up once, twice, or every other day and texted words that only got deleted.

Did he do the same?
Did he lie awake.....

STOP, STOP, STOP!

You shook the thoughts out. He left remember. The knock at your door made you jump.

You opened it to find a freshly shower and shaved Steve. You decided to try and give Bucky what he wanted. It had been hard the first two weeks telling him dodging Steve but you finally decided it was time.

"Ready to go gorgeous?" He smiled

You shook your head yes as you inhaled hard. You took his hand as he lead you to his car.