chapter 34

Isaac POV:

If it was up to me, I would not have chosen to be in a small, smelly sports cupboard room on a Friday after school with not long till Christmas break, yet here I was.

"So what are you doing after this?"

Oh yeah, and did I mention that Zavier was here too?

It was Coach's order for the "captains" to clear the place up.

"Saff and I were going to go to that Christmas fair but then I had to cancel because of this." Zavier answered his own question.

I gave him a blank stare, so tempted to say when did I ask, but I bit down on my tongue and stayed quiet.

"How about you, any lucky ladies?" He had a smile on that didn't seem too genuine but I shrugged, noticing him look relieved. "Tough luck." But he didn't even look sad, more pleased.

"You're not busy after this, are you?" He questioned, accidentally allowing a bunch of basketballs to fall down, the sound of their bouncing deafening.

I shook my head slightly, unsure if I would be digging myself a hole.

"Great, neither, we should hang out." He spoke quickly, not giving me a chance to take in the words. "All my friends are busy." He added.

"But you said Sapphire-" I wanted to counter argue, but he didn't allow me to finish.

"I can't wait till Christmas break- ooh look what I found, think fast."

I didn't have time to register what he had said until I saw a tennis ball flying at my face but as I tried to swerve to avoid it, I hit a metal pole, causing all the dodgeballs I had been arranging to come toppling out.

I stumbled backwards, trying to figure out where Zavier was as my vision kept forming duplicates of the dodgeballs. Zavier didn't even have an apologetic look, he was laughing.

Actually laughing.

I stormed to him, grabbing him roughly by his shirt and shoved him against the wall, still trying to concentrate on his face.

"Look at what you did you fucking idiot." I pointed to the dodgeballs that lay on the ground after all my hard work.

"You can always just do it again." He nonchalantly responded, causing my anger to increase.

"Again? You're kidding right?" I slightly leaned in, searching for any sign that he was joking, but there was none. "It's not about doing it again, it's the fact that it was your fault this happened."

I don't think he even cared enough to understand, his eyes darting everywhere except my face. "You're not even looking at me."

"Stop holding onto my shirt, then I'll look at you."

I hesitated for a second, but then let go and moved away from him.

"I didn't mean to, it was an accident." He half apologised, but that was probably the closest I would get to a 'Sorry' .

"Yeah."

"Oh come on, are you mad at me because of that now?" I could hear the teasing tone in his voice but I ignored it and shook my head, picking up the dodgeballs from the ground.

I heard him come from behind me, and before I could stand up, his arms wrapped around me, his head snuggling into my neck. "Sowy Isaac my baby."

I tried to suppress my grin, mumbling a small, "Get off of me." But he held on tighter, his warm breath tickling my neck as I felt my breathing quicken.