chapter 38

Third Person POV:

Isaac sat at the lunch table, completely zoned out having not said a word. He tried his hardest to not let his eyes go to the boy who he had stayed up the whole weekend thinking-and crying- about but his gaze would wander to him for a millisecond before he'd mentally scold himself and snap his eyes back to the table.

"Hey, Isaac." Gemma got his attention as she silently exchanged a knowing look with Hattie next to her. "Are you thinking about him again?"

"What? No, no definitely not." Isaac stammered out but Gemma raised her brow at him, watching as his shoulders slumped. "Yeah, yeah I was." He weakly admitted, looking at his bandaged hand and still feeling Zavier's touch tingling from Friday night.

"He's not worth any of your thoughts Isaac. He's a fucking asshole and if it weren't for you being very persistent for some reason that I can't understand, I would've kicked his ass straight away."

"Thanks Gem." Isaac swiftly replied.

"It's just weird. He really looked like he'd changed." Gemma mumbled to herself, turning her head to glance at Zavier's table and on seeing him already looking, she gave him the deadliest glare she could.

"Yeah." Isaac agreed with no enthusiasm. "I'm gonna get to English but I'll see you guys after school." Isaac felt bad for ruining the vibe of Hattie and Gemma who still both looked concerned.

Walking in the hallways, Isaac once again let his thoughts wander, mostly wandering to Zavier. He wished he could go back to before this whole thing had happened. When they were still enemies. Hatred was easier to handle than love.

"If it isn't Zavier's playtoy."

Isaac looked up to see Dillon wearing a disgusting smirk on his face. "I'm not in the mood Dillon." He went to go around but Dillon stepped to the side with him. After a back and forth stepping that may have looked like bad dancing, Isaac sighed and let his hands fall to the side. "What do you want then?"

Dillon took his time to look at Isaac, staying on his bandaged hand for a bit before meeting Isaac's puffy eyes. "Oh how the mighty fall."

"Just say what you need to say, I don't have time for your stupid idioms."

Dillon didn't even wait a second to start attacking, having saved all of his insults up for months, "Finally get dumped by Zavier? Did he tell you that you were special? Did he stay for a quick fuck then leave?" Dillon could see the rage in Isaac's eyes be lit up again and noted Isaac's fist clenching as he shook his head. "I told you Isaac that he could never love someone like you. He was bored and you were an experiment-"

Isaac flinched at the word 'experiment' reminding him of what Zavier had said: experimenting... but it got way too out of hand.

Isaac couldn't deal with Dillon's taunting anymore and took the bait but didn't think properly. Naturally, he had swung with his right hand, but that was his bandaged hand and Dillon had already predicted that Isaac would try and attack so he was prepared.

Dillon caught Isaac's hand in his before it could touch him and used his other hand to shake his index finger in Isaac's face. "Nuh uh uh, I don't think we should resort to violence here Isaac."

Isaac tried to pull his hand away from Dillon and if it weren't for his stupid cut, he would've been able to but Dillon had the upper hand. Dillon deliberately pressed on the bandaged part of Isaac's hand, hearing an audible grunt from Isaac who carried on trying to pull his hand away. "Painful right? But probably not as painful as the news of Zavier breaking up with you." With each second, Dillon's grip on Isaac's hand got stronger to the point Isaac squeezed his eyes shut to try and prevent any rebel tears slipping out.