chapter 23

Isaac POV:

"-So now I love to come here whenever I can which is nearly every day, even when I don't order anything." Blaire finished explaining on how she had accidentally stumbled upon this parlour.

"Do you home school?" She seemed to have a lot of free time on her hands.

"No, I still have to go to school-" She started to respond, when I looked up from the booth we were in, to see someone that looked similarly close to Zavier.

He wouldn't be here though. Even Blaire had said that most time, non locals wouldn't be able to find this place easily.

It wasn't a small place, but it wasn't the biggest café he had been to. However, as soon as he had walked in, it had felt comfortable, the waiters warmly welcoming them in. The interior of the café was warm and cheery, with bright lights and colourful walls.

I looked away, and carried on paying attention to Blaire. "-And it's fine sometimes." I missed nearly everything she had said but just nodded, taking quick glances to look behind her.

It was fucking Zavier.

"Fuck." I groaned, slumping in my chair for the hope that he wouldn't see me.

"What's wrong?" Blaire looked behind her, then looked back, recognition in her eyes. "It's that guy from the party."

But he wasn't alone which was the worst thing. He was with the girl that had been eating his face off at the party. She was wearing a white bandeau top, showing off her belly piercing, paired with some black jeans.

Fucking hell. It just couldn't get worse than this, could it.

Well, it did.

Zavier's eyes were already searching the place, seeking somebody, when he saw me. Immediately, I slumped more into the booth I was in, but he was already making his way to our booth, ushering away the waiter who had gone up to him.

"Well, well. What a coincidence that the both of us are here." Zavier directed this to me, completely ignoring Blaire who watched on.

"Yeah it is." I paused for a few seconds then continued. "Well, that was nice. We'll see you later." But Zavier didn't take the hint.

"We might as well do a double date." Zavier's girl started to protest, but then he whispered something in her ear, and she smiled, biting her lip suggestively.

Weird.

I looked at Blaire, but she shrugged worriedly, mouthing sorry.

Wow, that sorry really solved all my problems. Thank you.

Of course, Zavier had to slide into my side of the booth, and his girl with Blaire.

"I'm Blaire and that's Isaac." Blaire introduced for the both of us. Though I'd say the introduction was mostly needed for the girl Zavier was with.

The girl didn't make any effort to show she had heard us, and was more focussed on her nails.

"I'm Zavier and that's Leslie." Zavier had to introduce.

I couldn't help the snicker that left my mouth at her name. Leslie? Really? Her parents did not like her.

"Anything funny you want to share with us, Issy?" Leslie finally looked up, an ugly sneer on her face.