#76

She opened and shut the door quietly, not wanting to be heard, and stepped into the completely still white room. She nervously bit her lips. Heather didn't usually get nervous: she was always fiery, stubborn and confident. But right now, she didn't want him to see her... for some reason.

Alejandro was never one to miss out on anything that was going on, he slowly opened his eyes, groaning, before turning towards the door. His whole body ached and he didn't remember anything about the accident. His father and the doctors told him he had been "sleeping" for the past three days.

When he saw her, his face went from surprised to something softer. He blinked, his heart beating faster. Then, he suddenly remembered their last argument. He glared at her, turning away.

"Oh, get over yourself I couldn't care less about you, pathetic jerk!"

Plus, Alejandro knew he was probably looking awful. And he didn't want Heather to see him like... that.

She frowned, this wasn't going to be easy... she waited for him to say something, her heart racing. She had truly missed someone.

"Heather."

"Alejandro."

This has to stop.

They blushed.

"You're fine! You're okay!" She was beaming, looking like a 7 year old girl, as she approached him. "Alejandro, are you feeling alright? Does your head hurt? The doctors said-".

"Go away, Heather," he rolled his eyes, leaving her confused and irritated. Ugh.

What the hell am I supposed to say?

The cheerleader then crossed her arms, glancing around the nearly barren room, trying to decide what would be the best thing for her to do.

Then her eyes landed back on him on his white bed as he stared out a window. He had a bandage around his head, his hair was a mess, and Heather could see a few bruises and scars on his neck, shoulders and arms. She flinched, biting her lips once again. It surely didn't make him look less stunning, though.

Alejandro gulped slightly, uncomfortable, meeting her gaze. She's not ever going to want you now.

She laughed nervously. "So, I'm really-".

"I know I look terrible, no need to stare at my body like that," he said simply.

"Alejandro, I couldn't care less about the way you look right now," she frowned, "You could've died! Don't you realize that?!"

"Yeah, I could've." And you were still invading my mind. "But why do you care now? Why are you even here, Heather? Did Duncan and Cody force you to come visit me?"

It is so on. She growled. "Are you kidding me?! I wouldn't be there if I didn't fucking care! I was going crazy, I was worried si-".

Heather stopped herself, looking away, not being able to stare at him anymore. He was so stubborn and he obviously wasn't going to believe her now.

Alejandro's face almost lit up. Confused, he raised an eyebrow. "What? Is that some kind of new game you're playing?"

That was the last straw.