1 || Not the Same

Deep down inside you
There's a wolffish hungry beast
And when you lose control and you let it go
There'll be nothing left but me

THIRD     POINT     OF     VIEW

Carver Café - a grill restaurant locals just call the Lodge. A nice place to drop in for a meal or cup of coffee. Cora, a longtime employee at the quaint establishment, enjoyed seeing her friends walk in. Chatting the hours of the workday away comfortably. Recently things have started to liven up with more teens from the nearby high schools pouring in. But Cora knew it wasn't their burger meal specials that brought them around. 

Mirabelle spun around the closely packed tables and past booths, a model of teenage free-spiritedness in her black spray-painted roller-skates. She nodded her head along to whatever was playing from her waist-hitched Walkman, delivering orders with a bright smile. Boys would crane their heads around each other just to get a last minute glance at her behind. Luckily, Cora was right there to smack them over their heads, threatening to call down Chief Swan. 

Mirabelle zipped up to the bar, grinning at her co-worker Sophia. A kind-hearted, short-haired red head with freckles sprinkled across her small button nose. She was a junior at Forks High when they first met; the girls got along swimmingly considering they once shared the same biology class. Mirabelle like Sophia because unlike some girls that spent all their time gossiping, Sophia was extremely down to earth. 

However, after getting pregnant, Sophia dropped out of school just when the summer started. She gave birth three months ago to a healthy baby boy named Anthony. While her grandparents watched him at home, Sophia pulled shifts here and at the nearby body repair shop. 

Their shared interests in photography and terrible 80's Japanese horror films helped solidify their friendship. Mirabelle has a lot of respect for the teenage mother. 

"Should you really be rolling around in those things?" Sophia eyed the wheel death traps warily. "Didn't you just get out of your cast like a few months ago? You're asking to get put in another one. Or better yet, break your neck." 

Mirabelle rolled her eyes. "Don't be a prude, Soso. How about you try them? I think Bella still has her Barbie helmet somewhere around," she teased, leaning over to grab the tray of food Sophia passed over from the kitchen staff. 

"No thanks. I choose life." 

"Life is overrated." 

"Says the struggling artist."

"Struggling is part of the job description, my young padawan." 

"Was that a Star Wars reference?" 

"Feel the force!" 

Fed up with the youngest Swan's taunting, Sophia threw the pencil she was using. As if time slowed down to half a second, Mirabelle watched the small thing swing through the air, turning like the hand of a ticking clock. She easily grabbed it midair before it could sail past her shoulder and hit a customer. 

Both girls paused. Sophia pouted. "Your reaction time is just not normal. You sure you're human?" She joked. 

Mirabelle laughed it off, stuffing the pencil in one of her apron's pockets for the time being. "Well with a clumsy family like mine you gotta stay on your toes." She quickly went back to serving hungry customers. The uneasiness about what happened eating away at her the entire time.