17 || Awkard Meeting

Don't hide your emotion
You can throw down your guard

MIRABELLE'S   POINT   OF   VIEW

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Rosalie slammed the knife on the marble countertop, clearly annoyed by the constant beeping sound coming from my unheeded cellphone. It's been like this since I left Paul at the diner. "If you don't answer that or throw it away, I'm going to turn it into pieces." The rest of the Cullen family, save for Alice who was out gathering flowers for my sister, gave small chuckles. 

I sent the beautiful, snarling beast a flat look. "You know, you're always the first to bitch around here. Have you ever considered saying something nice?" If anyone else had said that Rosalie might've ripped their heads from their shoulders. Fortunately, I was her favorite (not to toot my own horn or anything). More than once Esme has mentioned that the two of us were like sisters that had known each other their entire lives. It was a warm, comforting thought. 

Rosalie stretched a false smile of pleasantness. "Mirabelle, could you please shut off your phone or I'll kindly shove it down your throat so that you'll hear that beeping coming from-" 

"Rosalie," Esme warned, not liking our violent bantering. "Can you two just cut the vegetables without threatening to kill each other? Bella and Edward are going to be here any moment." Emmett stood beside his grumbling mate to press a comforting kiss to her cheek. She soon melted into a happy state. Hopefully, her mood will keep up by the time Bella got here. 

Today was Edward's first time officially introducing my twin to the family. Amongst the string of sorrowful texts from Paul was my sister's anxious questioning about what she should do - how she should act when brought over today. Maybe it was mean of me, but I thought it would be entertaining if I didn't tell her anything. Plus, it was technically Edward's job to ensure his mate felt comfortable in any environment. 

Speaking of mates, a certain someone kept giving me longing looks from across the counter. Since I've started living with the Cullen family he hasn't taken his eyes off me. There've been a few incidents where someone caught us making out in the hallway or outside in the surrounding forest. Alice has noted that Jasper has been particularly clingy since I've moved in; not that she minded since she basked in the lovely glow that came from "perfect couples". 

I've made it a rule that we would try limiting the touching. As much as I anticipated the feeling of him wrapping around me, I thought it healthier if we maintained some distance. When Jasper got comfortable with my presence he often turned into a possessive maniac. He wouldn't even let me sit on the couch next to Emmett; it'd always have to be in his lap or with his arm wrapped around me. 

I wish I had a photo of his puppy-eyed look. Truly, it was too amusing to put into words. 

"Do we even know if she likes Italian?" Rosalie wondered aloud, slipping back into her snappy attitude.