The breaker of chains

The sky was so dark that Torvin would sooner categorize it as a night instead of an early morning. He breathed in the freezing air, shivering a little, despite the volcanic landscape around him.

Even against the fiery orange light of lava around them, the dwarf hunter was barely able to keep track of the dark silhouette of a Northman before him as their hunt took the pair deeper and deeper into the hellish landscape that is Gorgoroth.

Talion moved swiftly and quietly, his burning green eyes always keeping to the trail he somehow managed to lose track of two times already. After all the months of endless warfare, endless peace talks planning and sleep-infusing politics, the ranger was finally running out of steam. Torvin stroked his regrowing and slowly greying beard.

"How are ya holdin' up cap'n? Ye don' look too well."

Only the low rumble of the volcano in the distance and the dwarf's tired huff could be heard as Talion, as silent as death, jumped over another obstacle in his way, not registering Torvin's question.

"Ya know I have the utmost respect for the hunt, but I think ye might be going a bit overboard."

Nothing but the Mount Doom's ambience followed once more as Talion kept on following the rebel captain's tracks. Torvin frowned.

"Look cap'n, if you don't wanna talk than just-uh!"

Talion suddenly dragged the confused hunter behind a few boulders, carefully peeking out of their hiding place.

"What do ye think yer..."

"Calm down, just look."

Torvin followed the ranger's gaze and true enough, a few hundred meters away from their hiding spot, was the subject of their hunt, the fallen warchief Hûga Sharpshooter. The rebel orc seemed to have finally gone crazy. He was shooting at all the different columns of rising dark smoke, while shouting random profanities without any rhyme or reason to it.

Torvin did his best to look for the rebel captain's target, but saw nothing but a lot of smoke and a fast-moving dark cloud. A curiously fast cloud, which was getting closer to Hûga by the second. The last thing Torvin registered before being dragged back behind the boulders was Hûga's agonized cries, a stream of lava-like heat and a pair of fiery eyes in the smoke looking straight at him.

Even despite the thick wall of rock between them and the captain, Torvin could still feel the hell that was unleashed upon the unfortunate orc. It seemed like an eternity before the hysterical cries of the orc finally stopped and with them the torturous heat. There was a moment of silence before Talion stood up and started to make his way out of their hiding spot. Torvin must have sounded more distressed than he thought based on the nazgûl's expression.

"What do ya think yer doin'? Have ye lost yer mind? Ye will get burned as well!"

"No, I won't."

The hunter only barely resisted the urge to slap of Talion's smirk of his face. He still tried his best to hold the now seemingly crazy ranger back and yet, Talion had a kind of certainty to his step. Despite the growing dread within him, Torvin could not help himself but watch from behind the rocks and boulders as Talion stood right next to the pile of dust that used to be Hûga and stared straight into the two fiery dots within the smoke.

After a moment of absolute silence, the tense moment was lightened as the eyes gave the nazgûl a slow blink. With a few soft clicking noises the eyes lowered down and out of the smoke revealing one, if not the biggest elemental Firedrake that Torvin's ever seen. Talion's smile widened as his hellish green eyes softened significantly.