Battle of Taurband

WARNING! Mild description of violence in this chapter. Also, it's my first ever attempt at a battle scene so comments on that would be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy :)

~°•°~

"How is siding with a nazgûl reasonable? Are we sure he isn't bewitched?"

High-General Dirhael asked the somewhat amused looking wizard, absentmindedly wavering his hand in Redd's direction, tiredness and annoyance dripping from his every word.

The young ranger stepped from one foot to the others nervously, rattling his chains in the process. Redd was obviously getting frustrated by the fact that his own father has been talking for almost fifteen minutes as if he wasn't even there. For now, he simply settled on examining the royal war tent, glaring around himself furiously, as if trying to burn a hole into the side of it and escape into the wintry night outside.

Gandalf gave the father and son a patient smile as Aragorn tried to make himself a bit more comfortable in his chair but finding that physical comfort didn't help with the emotional one.

"Even if he was, it doesn't change the fact that he and the other rangers have survived in Mordor for quite some time now. The information they acquired can be useful."

Aragorn's words carried a perfect mix of concern, interest and authority. Gandal, however, could feel the frustration rising within the general and the ranger. He put a gentle hand on the young man's shoulder and carefully alleviating some of his anger with the help of the weakening Narya, which was examining the renegade rangers from the moment they were caught. The wizard's tone of voice was gentle, but still carried a certainty that Dirhael couldn't find the strength to fight against.

"There is no need to worry about Redd, my friend. He's free of any kind of unnatural influence. Besides, lady Galadriel was adamant that this nazgûl is supposed to be different from the others and with the dark lord gone, we might just be able to negotiate with him."

The High-General gave a heavy sigh as he basically fell into the chair next to his kings. With distrusting eyes, he finally addressed his aggravated son.

"Can it be reasoned with, Redd?"

Redd ignored them and kept on studying the tenet for a few moments before acknowledging them with the most fake expression of shock he could possibly muster.

"Oh, why I am sorry, we're not pretending that I'm a piece of furniture anymore? I was sooooo not prepared for this absolute ton of honour that you bestow upon me, father dearest. Why, I dare not interrupt you in thy casual afternoon talks of genocide."

"Genocide?"

The king didn't look as much surprised or offended by the statement as he seemed to be curious while Dirhael just rolled his eyes, being close to giving up.

"How do you expect anybody to take you seriously when you cannot even show respect to your king?"

Redd raised an eyebrow.

"And exactly happened to the whole 'how dare you replace your king with a twisted wraith' thing from two days ago? Shouldn't I, by that logic, be a citizen of Mor..."

"Cease this foolishness, boy! I did not raise you to speak in this manner to your elders!"

"Well then your childhood must have been quite interesting considering that you've taken away my every weapon, posted the majority of your soldiers around the tent and yet you still have to keep me in chains for some reason. I'm not saying that's pretty paranoid behaviour, but it is pretty paranoid behaviour."