1. Take a leap of faith

**A/N: So my fellow creatures, as you may know, this is the second book in the creature chronicles okay? Okay. Check out the first if you haven't. Okay? Okay.

Let the fun begin!**

1. Take a leap of faith

Mystery POV

The Isis militants take their stations around the local primary school, guns gripped tightly in their hands. The small primary school's bell rings and the militants can hear the kids running into their classrooms.

This school in Iraq is small with approximately 67 students. The walls are made out of stone, and most of the classrooms have no doors.

The leader of the the small group shouts some commands into his communicator and they all move in, taking cautious steps not to be seen just yet. The four of them surround the building, then they scout the area. The leader speaks more into his communicator and they all head inside the front of the building together, their standard rifles hung around their shoulder and gripped in their hands. They move slowly, the only sound is feet stepping on small bits of littered paper. The men round a corner. The corridor is lined with tables and chairs. They then spot a classroom at the end of the hall. They can't see any students inside; the room is too dark.

"Let's investigate in there" says the militant leader in his language.

They all nod in agreement and they take a step forward.

A little boy comes around the corner.

He wears old, torn clothes and he has a smudge of dirt on his left cheek. His hair is a dark brown and his skin is chocolate. His eyes though, are an intense, sky blue. They stand out on his dark skin.

The militants freeze in the sight of him and hey raise their guns, aiming at the boy.

The boy looks around for a fraction of a second, as if confused, then he smirks, making the Men hesitate.

"Fire!" shouts the leader and they all open fire.

The boy lifts his hand and the bullets jerk to the side, missing him as if he could move them with air. Confused, the men keep firing until they run out of bullets.

The boy is not harmed.

Then, the papers start to rustle and blow in a mysterious breeze. They swirl around frantically and the breeze turns into winds that make the Men almost loose their balance. The boy raises his other hand and tables and chairs go flying into the rebels, bowling them over as they howl in pain. The boy lifts both his hands higher and the ceiling starts to concave. The rebels scream, fighting for their life.

The ceiling falls, crushing them.

A small smile creeps across the boys face as he peers down at the dead bodies of the murderers who enjoy blood, violence and gore. He walks to the room where the school's pupils had hidden. He opens the door and the teacher looks at him, her face pale.

The children all share a glance and some start to sob.

"Safe" says the boy. "We're safe."

_____________________

In the outer skirts of Iraq...

The militants rush towards the town, guns high and trained forward. The sun bears down on them and some pant profusely, obviously unfit.

They have a mission - Kill.

In the distance, a militant sees a figure running towards them. He holds his hand up and shouts some orders to alert his men.