2. Changes

2. Changes

I stand at my balcony, my elbows resting on the rails. The waterfall is to my left. The sound of the water falling and landing into the lake makes me calm. Finley's world is down there, where he belongs.

I sigh and look to the sky. It will be winter soon and I'm not so excited about it. In exactly five days, it'll be Christmas. Christmas Eve's eve will be the day the snow falls, thanks to Winter. Apparently the earth witches control all the seasons here, and without them, we would be screwed.

The wind blows the hair out of my eyes and makes me feel like I'm flying. I want to fly, but it's been prohibited. I don't know why; but it has.

I turn around on my balcony and stare back into my room.

There's also one thing I'm not happy about this winter, after the week break. It'll be my second last year at school, and it'll be the winter ball.

I head to my cupboard and I open it up. I pull a dress out that has been covered in a plastic sleeve and I remove it. It's a beautiful dark blue gown that has a silver, ice sort of pattern on the corset. Kat has he same, but hers is a brownish purple. Scar has a black one.

A knock sounds at my door.

"Come in."

The door opens and I sigh when it's Tony, and I know why he's here.

"Hang on" I say and I grab my phone. "Let's go" I say.

Tony and I head out into the hallway, our shoes slapping the tiles.

"I hope she says yes" says Tony, a little worried.

I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down and he does. He sighs and rubs his temples. I remember what I used to think about Tony, the werewolf. Brown hair, mid-way skin. Great build, brilliant green eyes.

Then, I found out I was a Powerist and I had four mates. Well, three since one died a while ago.

We make it to her office and I walk in without knocking. She looks up and sees me and raises a golden eyebrow.

"Miss, we need to talk."

She rolls her flaming, orange eyes but nods. Me and Tony sit in two chairs in front of miss, and she sighs. "What is it?"

"We need to make a subject at school; a new one. One that trains us for things, like the....the battle." She nods, saying that she is following. I sigh in relief and I continue. "So, we hold classes to train ourself, to defend ourselves."

"And another program that helps us learn more about the human world. The mortal world" says Tony. "So we can go out there and see the world."

"So, a defence program and a getting-to-know-the-world class....hmmm..."

We both hold our breaths.

"Okay, but Tony I want you and the 'Student Heads' to organise the birth of that class. We do have defence classes though, you do realise."

"Yes but--" starts Tony but I butt in.

"Destiny. They don't teach us anything about Defence. They tell us what we can do, and we study about creatures."

"Don't you guys do that in Creatureology?" she says.

"Yes, but they are basically the same thing. We don't know anything about humans, and what they are capable of, what weapons they have, nothing. Same with most creatures. If there's a threat out there, we don't know about it."

Destiny rubs her chin and look to me and Tony.

"Sure."

"Oh and Destiny" I say and she raises an eyebrow at me. "First, stop acting all 'head mistress' on me. Second, I want permission to go to the human world in the Christmas holidays. Along with some friends."