CHAPTER 6

(Hello everyone, sorry for the long wait. I haven't thought about this fan fic in a long time. It's been YEARS since I've touched it. But I'm going to try and be better. It took me a few days with my real life going on, to fully finish a chapter. But here y'all go. Please let me know how you like it. I'm a lot older then I was when I first began writing this fic. I have no idea where I want to take it. But might as well take it chapter by chapter, and see where it goes, enjoy 😊)

Jeremy could still feel the lingering burn of Annas kiss on his lips. It didn't leave even after hours had passed since that moment in Elena's SUV. He rested his fist against his chin, the tips of his fingers grazed his lips as he stared into the popular and very busy, hang out of Mystic Falls Grille.

He wanted to quit his job, he wanted to leave town, he didn't want to carry on with this life, as the boy who rose from the dead. Jeremy never quite fit in to begin with, he was always the outcast, the poor stoner boy who had lost his parents in a car crash. No one ever looked at him the same as before, so adding to the fact that he was "dead" then he came back, just made the chore of trying to remain somewhat normal, all the more difficult.

His bare elbows rested on the counter as he zoned out. He had a full view of the bathroom doors. The Flashes of his last memories with Anna alive burned through his mind. Jeremy closed his eyes and tried to zone them out, knowing if he thought of her for to long, she was going to come. He could almost hear her screams calling his name as he they ripped her from his arms.

"Jeremy, it hurts!"

He winced, and closed his eyes, as the sound of her blood curtailing scream poured into his soul,  like boiling water trickling down the back of his throat.

"Jeremy make it stop!"

His knees began to shake under the weight of this memory, he desperately wanted it to vanish.

"Jeremy"

"stop it" he whispered as he covered his face, hiding the pain from the memory under his bruised hands.

"Jeremy please! Help me"

The image of her flesh burning as she screamed out for help, surrounded by other more deserving evil souls, who should have perished this way, played like a kaleidoscope in his mind.

"Stop this!" he barked, now raising his voice slightly.

A hand brushed his shoulder lightly, "Jeremy!"

His eye lids snapped open, Annas voice faded from his mind as Bonnies face came into full view. She was concerned, looking him over with her hand against his exposed flesh. He knew what was coming next, "Are you okay!?"

Although Bonnie was important to him, he hated himself for the thought of wishing she were Anna instead. It was a strange thrill, he resented the fact that he could see her, and part of him hoped that she would stop appearing all together, but he couldn't bring himself to shake the hope that every figure with long dark hair crossing his path, was Anna. Bonnie stood there with a worried expression painted across her face.

"Bonnie, its you." He said in an out of breath tone.

"The one and only" she said as the worry slowly dissipated from her eyes. "Are you.. okay?"

Jeremy started to zone back in on the real world unfolding around him, like a camera lens regaining focus. The searing pain in the center of his brain faded as bonnie brought him back to earth.

"Yeah" He sighed as he rubbed his forehead with his left hand. "Just a real bad migraine."

"I have some Advil in my purse, I don't know if it will help your head but, it does the trick for cramps" She laughed as she began to rummage in her bag.