Cat and Mouse part 6

Chapter 6

"No," Ethan said. "I'm done playing these games."

"But we have just begun," Blake replied walking into the now empty tank. Blake ran at Ethan knocking him down. Blake was now on top of Ethan. "You will play more games with me," Blake demanded.

"No I'm not!" shouted Ethan. Blake getting angry took out his pocket knife and stabbed Ethan hard in the ear. Ethan let out a loud cry of pain. The blade went through his ear making a disgusting sound. Blood gushed out as part of Ethan's ear came off.

"Now will we play more games?" Blake asked Ethan. Ethan still shouting over his ear didn't answer. "Answer me or I'll chop your other ear off!" Blake shouted.

"Yes" Ethan replied through sounds of pain. "I will play more games with you." Blake was happy and got of Ethan.

"Tell me something" said Blake. "Do you like to ice skate?" Ethan was still in pain, but knew he had to answer.

"Sometimes," replied Ethan. Blake took out a key and unlocked the chains. He then threw him a pair of ice skates.

"Put those on and let's see if you can survive." Ethan wasn't sure where Blake was going, but he put the skates on anyway. After Ethan had the skates on Blake walked up to him also wearing skates.

"Come, take a walk with me" said Blake reaching out his hand. Ethan took it and got up. They both walked up the stairs. When they got up the stairs Blake took Ethan to the door out of the building. Around the building there was a small pound. Since it was winter the pound was frozen. Ethan thought that this round may not be that bad. When they got to the pound they stopped at the edge. Behind them was the couch Blake had pushed out of the window earlier.

This whole time Ethan was thinking. He was thinking he could run away. He had ice skates on, but so did Blake. He thought this through for a moment. No. He couldn't escape. Blake had already stabbed him in the ear, he was sure he had more weapons.

"Ethan, why don't you step on first" Blake offered. Ethan knew this was not a choice. With a shaky leg he slowly moved on to the ice. The ice made small cracking noises, but was safe to skate on. Blake got on the ice near Ethan. "Why don't we skate a little" said Blake. Ethan started skating. He was confused.

"Why would Blake bring me out here" he thought in his head. In a few minutes that question would be answered. 

Blake took out his pocket knife he had used earlier. The blade was stained with Ethan's blood. Blake spoke up. "You know, knifes can be used for more then one thing." Ethan stopped skating.

"What do you mean?" Blake smiled, his eyes did the same.

"Ethan, this knife can be used to cut rope. It can be used to cut your ear." Blake paused and laughed quietly, thinking about what he had just said. "It can be used for many things" Blake continued. "But you know what I'm going to use it for." His voice trailed off. "I'm going to use it for this!" It a quick moment he brought his hand down and threw the knife hard into the ice. The ice cracked and Blake jumped off the pond onto the ground. Ethan panicked. His heart lurched and he tried to make it off the ice. Ethan wasn't fast enough. He fell through the ice splashing into the cold, cold water. Ethan was crying out for help, but no one could hear him.