Cat and Mouse Part 1

Chapter 1

The best word to describe Blake was lonely. He was 17 and lived all by himself in his own apartment.  His parents had died over 2 years ago, and ever since that night the world felt like a darker place. Blake had a part time job at a fast food place down the road, and a car to get him wear he needed to be. He never smiled, and if you asked somebody who he was nobody would even recall ever seeing him.

Ethan on the other hand, was very different. He was very muscular, tall, and strong. He was the star of the football team, and everyone adored him. Everyone except Blake.

One day at Milfred High, Blake was walking through the halls. His back was sore from the night before, and he had dark circles around his eyes from not enough sleep. He stopped walking. He knew he heard someone coming. He turned around and saw Ethan. He only saw Ethan's face for a split second. Then a first coming at him. Blake slammed back into the lockers. Ethan was satisfied for now and walked off.

That's how almost every day was for Blake. He didn't know why he hated him. Blake had scars and bruises all on his arms and back from all the other times Ethan had beaten him. Ethan never said much to him, and when he did it was never something nice. Blake was happy that Ethan did not do worse. Ethan's been pretty busy lately so he hasn't had much time to beat up on Blake. That might give Blake enough time to heal.

Blake got up off the ground and dusted himself off. He decided it would be best to get to class. Blake was a fairly good student. He got all A's and B's. He went through the rest of his day normal. At the end of the day he packed his backpack and went home.

His cat mittens greeted him as he walked into his apartment. "Hey, Mittens" Blake said as he picked her up. He felt like Mittens was the only one who loved him.

After he ate a sandwich and finished his homework he lay on his bed and slowly drifted to sleep.