Night quidditch

It was now the next day after the stunt Fred had pulled and you were still furious.

You would normally sit with all your friends at the Gryffindor table, but this morning you decided to sit at your house's table, earning you confused glances from everyone besides Fred.

Roger had sat down at the table in front of you. You awkwardly stirred your cereal before deciding to talk to him.

"Roger... I'm sorry about Fred"

"Oh, it's fine... although it was a bit confusing to see myself run past me though" he laughed and you let out a small fake laugh.

"Yeah I bet it was... so, are you excited for tonight?" You asked trying to change the subject.

"Never been so ready in my life!" He beamed.

At the start of term feast, Dumbledore had announced that quidditch was canceled this year which made everyone furious. The four quidditch captains got together and decide they were going to hold their own quidditch games at night and whoever wanted to watch could come.

"I bet we are gonna win tonight's game" you replied and gave him a polite smile. He grabbed a piece of toast from the rack and stood up.

"Oh I know we are gonna win... mark my words, y/n... we are gonna win" he laughed and quickly ran out of the great hall.

You shook your head as you laughed. Suddenly George and Lee were sat in front of you.

"So, you and Roger?" Lee asked in a sing-song voice.

"Lee, I'm not in the mood," you said in an annoyed tone.

"Come on, y/n... we know you fancy Roger," George said.

"I don't fancy Roger!" You said much louder than you should have. Suddenly many faces, including Fred's, were turned towards you. You slightly sunk into the bench as embarrassment fell over you but everyone quickly went back to their previous conversations.

"You three are beyond annoying," you said rolling your eyes.

"Three?" Lee asked slightly confused.

"She means us and Fred, idiot" George said earning him a slap on the arm from Lee.

"Ya know he didn't mean to upset you, y/n," George said.

"Did he think I was gonna be all sunshine and rainbows after what he did?!" George raised his arms in defense. "Sorry, I'm just annoyed. If he was so concerned with it he should have just talked to me... Even though I still would have told him it was none of his business... And why is he so curious about it anyway? He told me he was fine with it, that me writing to Roger over the summer didn't bother him" you said letting all your emotions out.

"You are so clueless, y/n," George said shaking his head and laughing slightly.

"What do you mean?" you asked, raising your eyebrows at him.

"Exactly," he smiled and turned to Lee. "Come on, we've got to get to class," he said and they both walked away.

You took a quick sip of pumpkin juice before walking off to your defense against the dark arts class.

~~~

It was now dinner and you sat with Hermione a little farther down the table from the group. You told her all about what happened with Fred and she instantly took your side.

"Boys do such dumb things sometimes," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"I just don't understand why he did it." Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Fred staring at you and Hermione. You could tell he knew you two were talking about him.