The Rein of Umbitch

After making it to your room, you tried to calm yourself down as best as you could. You just couldn't believe it. You have known Roger for years. He's never acted like this before.

It was already 2 am by the time you calmed down and processed everything. There was no use in even attempting to sleep. Instead, you took a long hot shower and cleaned your entire room, which took a while considering you were in a great amount of pain from earlier.

Once the sun began to rise, around 7 am, you quickly threw Fred's jumper on and changed out of your pink sleep shorts into grey sweatpants (that you took from Fred). You grabbed a book to read and slipped on your slippers before going up to the astronomy tower.

You breathed in the crisp morning air as you sat behind the railing and let your feet hang over the edge. You wrapped your hands around the cool metal railing and rested your chin on top of your hands.

Your eyes were fixed on the beautiful colors of the sky when an owl suddenly swooped down in front of your face. You clutched your chest and let out a sigh as it landed next to you.

"Scared the hell out of me," you grumbled as if the animal had any clue as to what you said.

You scrunched your eyebrows as you took the note from the owl's beak, wondering who it could be from. You looked down and smiled as the owl flew off. You immediately recognized Fred's sloppy handwriting.

You swung your legs up and twisted yourself around, leaning your back against the railing as you quickly unfolded the note.

"Good morning, love."

Your heart swelled.

You knew he surely wasn't awake yet meaning he must have written the note last night and instructed the owl to deliver it at a time he knew you'd be awake.

You smiled at the note one last time before folding it in half and tucking it safely between a random page of your book.

You found a warmer and more comfortable corner of the tower to sit in. You were able to read about half of the first page in your book before your mind began to wander.

You couldn't help but imagine how Fred would react once you told him what Roger did. You thought for a moment about not telling him but you knew you had to. You couldn't keep something like this from him especially if Roger is dangerous.

You pushed the thoughts away and continued reading.

~~~

You managed to read a few chapters before hearing a fair amount of noise in the corridor below, meaning people were heading down to breakfast.

You didn't even bother going back to your room to change. You simply joined the crowd of people and headed to the Great Hall.

Your eyes quickly scanned the room as you walked in. There was no sign of Roger. Your eyes landed on Fred.

When just moments ago you were excited to see him, the fear was now back. You pushed it away and made your way to the table.

From afar you could see that Hermione was in a mood and she seemed to be arguing with Fred.

"You look absolutely stunning this morning," Lee joked.

You gave him a little twirl before throwing your book on the table and sitting beside Fred.

"Doesn't she," Fred said in awe, immediately placing his hand on your thigh.

"What are you lot fighting about this early in the morning?" you asked Hermione as you turned to look at Fred.