The tale of two Rogers

Author note: This chapter is going to be pretty short bc the next chapter is super long.

You sat in the Ravenclaw common room trying to get some work done before the assembly when Roger sat next to you.

"Hey, y/n."

"Oh, hi, Roger. How are you?" You asked with a smile.

"Nothing much, need any help?" He asked looking towards your homework.

"I'm okay, thanks though."

There was an awkward silence for a moment before he spoke again.

"So... y/n... I've been thinking, " he said as he seemed to lean closer to you.

You felt slightly uncomfortable and tried to sit in your chair as far back as you could.

"Would you ever want to go on a date with me?" he asked, just mere inches from your face.

"Uh, Roger... I'm sorry but I-" at this moment you realized his hair was starting to turn orange.

"Uh, Roger... what's happening to your hair?"

He looked at you with a confused expression before his eyes went wide. His hair was completely orange at this point. Without saying a word he quickly stood up and ran towards the door.

"Wait! Roger!" You yelled out as you followed him out the door.

You quickly closed it behind you and started running after him again when you collided with someone and fell to the ground. You looked up and saw that you ran into Roger, the real Roger.

You quickly stood up and looked towards the person you had been chasing. As the brunette boy ran down the hall he suddenly transformed into a tall redhead.

"Fred Gideon Weasley!" You yelled out and he stopped running.

Knowing he had been caught, he slowly turned around. He had a guilty look on his face.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Roger asked getting up from the floor.

"Fred! What on earth are you doing?!"
you yelled as you angrily made your way over to him.

He stood with his head hung low and breathing heavy from running. You stood for a moment waiting for an explanation but he gave none.

"polyjuice potion?!" You said as your anger rose.

He huffed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm waiting," you said as you stood with your arms crossed.

"Fine! I- I wanted to see how you act around Roger" he said suddenly.

You immediately grew furious.
"What the hell, Fred! The way I act around Roger is none of your business! And I've told you before that me and Roger are just friends!"

You knew that your voice was carrying throughout the entire castle because as you now had an audience watching you.

"Calm down, y/n," he said, trying to diffuse the situation.

"No, I won't calm down. You act all jealous about my relationship with Roger when it has absolutely nothing to do with you!"

"Relationship?" Both Roger and Fred said at the same time.

"So you do like him?" Fred said almost sounding hurt.

"You are so frustrating, Weasley" you huffed and walked away.

~~~

It was time for the assembly and you sat with Hermione, ignoring Fred's glances towards you. Once everyone had taken their seat, Dumbledore silenced the room.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for... the champion selection," Dumbledore said and dimmed the flaming lanterns.

You couldn't help but feel Fred staring at you. You gave in and quickly made eye contact with him before turning your attention back to Dumbledore. Suddenly the flame in the goblet turned red and a piece of parchment flew out. Dumbledore caught it and read it for a moment.

"The Durmstrang champion is Victor Krum." Everyone in the room cheered and congratulated him. Krum made his way down to shake Dumbledores hand and stood where he was instructed to.

The flame turned red again and a second piece of parchment flew out. "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour." The room cheered again as she stood up, shook Dumbledores hand, and stood next to Krum.

The flame turned red yet again and a third piece of parchment flew out. "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Digory." The room once again cheered as Cedric made his way to stand with the other chosen champions.

"That's it!" Dumbledore suddenly yelled. "We now have our three champions, but in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions. This vessel of victory... The Triwizard cup" Dumbledore said pointing to the now revealed cup and the room began to cheer.

Silence suddenly fell upon the room as the goblets flame grew red again and a fourth, and unexpected, piece of parchment flew out. Dumbledore caught it and read it in shock.

"Harry Potter... HARRY POTTER!" he yelled out.

Your mouth fell open and without thinking you immediately looked towards Fred. He looked shocked and slightly angry. You suddenly remembered you were mad at him and turned towards Hermione to share your disbelieve.

"But... how?" you said confused.

Harry didn't move from his spot. Hermione nudged him. "Harry, for goodness sake," she said pulling him up.

He reluctantly walked towards the front of the room to stand with the other victors. The room was silent until someone yelled out "He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!" The victors left the room leaving everyone else in shock. People started heading back to their dorms and you looked towards Ron and saw his angry expression.

"Ron, are you okay?" You asked.

"Of course not! How did he do it!" he shouted. 

You were taken aback by his outburst but still tried your best to reassure him.

"Somethings not right... You know Harry would never enter his name."

"Shove off, y/n," he huffed before getting up and stomping off to his dorm.

You turned towards Hermione and she looked slightly worried at his outburst.

"Well on that note... I'm off to bed" you sighed and joined everyone walking towards the dorms.