Need To Be Next To You (4/4)

Pagdilat ni Alyssa ay bumungad sa kanya ang nakakabinging katahimikan. Nakabukas ang ilaw at nakabukas pa rin ang music player na natatandaan niyang binuksan niya kagabi. Nilingon niya ang bintana, mataas na ang araw. Saka siya lumingon sa kabilang direksyon.

Wala nang nakahiga sa tabi niya.

Bumangon siya’t nagdamit at saka lumabas sa living room. Tahimik at wala ni anino ng taong bumalik sa buhay niya dalawang linggo na ang nakakaraan. Wala ring tao sa kusina, sa library at sa terrace. Pagbalik niya sa kuwarto’t tinitigan niya ang kama niya, nang matagal.

Pagdaka’y nagtungo siya ng banyo, nag-alis ng damit at dumiretso sa shower. Binuksan niya ang shower at kasabay ng malakas na pagbuhos ng tubig sa katawan niya’y and pag-iyak niyang hindi naririnig ng buong mundo.

…………………..

“And that was the song I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz. Friends, before the program ends, I want to read this short message sent to us by Neil David, and it says, ’Dear Monica,  I hope that wherever you might be right now, this message can still reach you. I just want you to know how much I love and how much I’m willing to wait for you. I didn’t understand why you have to leave but I know one day, we will meet again at crossroads just like how we met the first time. I love you so much and you’re always in my heart.’

Napahinga nang malalim si Alyssa matapos niyang basahin ang maikling message na iyon. “Thanks Neil for your message and I really hope that Monica was able to hear that. Friends, before I leave you with our last song for this last hour, I want to share a short love story. And what I’ve learned from it.

There was this person  who fell in love with a special girl, and she was very different. She’s not the girlfriend-material na sa unang tingin pa lang, sasabihin mo nang, okay ‘tong babaeng ‘to. Hindi rin siya iyong tipong, aalagaan at pagsisilbihan ka but when she smiles, no matter how dark your world is, she can make it brighter.”

Napangiti si Denden habang pinakikinggan ang mga sinasabi ni Alyssa, nakikinig siya sa programa nito via internet.

“That person fell in love with her, and she loved her back and for her, that was more than enough. Gigising siya bawat umaga na ang una niyang isipin ay kung ano kaya ang gagawin nila sa araw na iyon. At bago siya matulog, iisipin niya kung anong gagawin nila kinabukasan. She planned a whole lifetime with her and she’s the woman she wanted to marry, and spend the rest of her life with. But then one day, she suddenly disappeared, without a trace. And the girl spent the last two years, waiting for her to come back. Tapos bumalik nga siya and she was so mad at her because she left her and she was so mad at her because she still so inlove with her. Kaya lang, siguro nga nangyayari talaga iyon. A person may be destined to be a very big part of your life but…she’s not meant to stay with you forever.”

Nakatitig lang si Alec at ang technician kay Alyssa, at si Denden nama’y tahimik na lumuluha habang nakangiti.

“But you know what friends, kahit ganun iyong nangyari, that person… if you’re gonna ask her, she will still want her back. And that girl will always be the person she would want to be in love with over and over again. At kung babalikan man siya ng taong iyon, she will give up everything just to be with her.”

Then Alyssa finally took a deep breath and smiled. “So, let’s wish her the best of luck. Once again, thank you for staying with me again tonight, it’s been another three hours of great time with you guys. Bukas ulit ah! And this is our last song, it’s by Leigh Nash. Need to be Next to You. Good night!”

Been running form this feelings for so long

Telling my heart I didn’t need you