Prologue

Orange leaves, crisp air, green eyes, red hair.
All these words explains the best, and worst days of my life.
I can still hear her voice speaking those three heart breaking words before I left.
"I love you."
_____________________________
September 7th

"My name is Hollister, I'm sixteen years old, I'll be seventeen October the thirtieth though." I say, as I combed through my short, messy, brown hair nervously, as I introduce myself.
I was dressed in a black t shirt, and Abercrombie jeans. I had on a pair of white vans, and my dark, almost black curls were in a mess from combing through them with anxiousness.

"Hi Hollister." The class choruses, as I take a seat in the back of the room.
I could hear the whispers, but I did my best to ignore them, knowing it was best to leave them alone.
I stayed to myself as the day dragged on into an empty nothingness. School had no meaning to me anymore, and a fresh start was far from what I would call this.

"Hollister, right?" A long, blonde haired, brown eyed girl asked me, as I headed for the exit as the final bell rung. She was dressed in a blue Jean skirt that fell right to her knees, with a pink blouse that had roses all over it, paired with a pair of white converse.

"That's me." I say, holding the door for her.

"Thank you, see, ladies. Gentlemen still exist!" She shouted out, causing my cheeks to blush bright red.

"I'm sorry, I hope I didn't embarrass you too badly. The guys here are just awful though." She said, as she pulled her hair into a pony tail.

"I'm Sunshine, by the way. Welcome to Lakeside High." She said, with a sweet smile.

"Nice to meet you, are you on the welcoming committee or something?" I smiled as I shook her hand.

"I'm not on the welcoming committee, but I wanted to introduce myself, and tell you you're welcome to hang out with me any time." She said, as she let go of my hand.

"Thank you. But I'll probably stick to being a loner. That's just me." I said, with a shy smile.

"I appreciate the thought though." I said, walking away and heading to my car.

I get in and drive off, as flashbacks resurfaced from just days ago. I swerve a little bit, thankfully not hitting anyone or vice versa. I pull into my driveway, full of anxiety and tears. Mom wasn't home yet, so it was just myself and my thoughts. I get my house key and unlock the door, going inside and going to my room. I lock the door, and got to my bathroom to shower. After my shower, I cover my scars and bruises with a thin hoodie, knowing I didn't want the reminders. This was supposed to be a fresh start, but nothing felt safe, and nothing felt new. It all just felt numb...