Prologue

Elena's POV

Life was hard for me since mom and dad died. But I know they want me to be happy and live on so I forced myself to, for them. After what happened ten years ago, and I was only four back then, I wandered from place to place to find refuge. Some took me in out of pity, but when they figured out I was a ghoul, they got scared and didn't know what to do so they kicked me out. It was like a cycle. They'd take me in and kick me out. I've grown tired of it so I just kept wandering. I was like this for a year. Since I'm a one-eyed ghoul and I only eat human flesh, I had to be near funeral homes and hospitals because that's where recently dead people could be found. One body part or two was enough to satisfy my hunger. I didn't had the gut to kill and steal that time. Those words weren't even in my vocabulary. Maybe because I was brought up by good people. My parents, of course. But then everything changed when I finally found a place to stay with these trashes as my source of basic needs just like everyone else who lives here. They call this place Meteor City.

---------------
Author's note!
Sorry if it's short and kind of boring :(
But thanks for reading anyways!
Now on to the next chapter~
Feel free to comment! *thumbs up*