Here is a scenario I didn't expect ever to have happen. My brother, Lily, Nix, and I all standing around my living room with practically no clothes on.

"I..." Nothing was coming out as I panicked.

Suddenly Phoenix stepped forward. "Ryder, I can explain."

He cocked his head to the side with furrowed brows. "People usually say that shit right before they tell you something you don't want to hear."

Lily and I exchanged looks of "oh fuck" to each other.

"It's not what you think," Nix continued.

Ryder scoffed. "Another famous line. Tell me what it looks like then because from here, it looks like you slept with my little sister." It was now so silent that you could have heard a pin drop. "Oh my god, I can't believe this is happening."

I finally managed to pipe up. "What can't you believe, Ry?"

He arched a brow at me. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, because it looks like you were about to do the same thing before we walked in."

"That's different, and you know it."

"Bullshit," I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Ryder's right," Phoenix said, making all our heads turn to him in surprise. "It is different because...well, she's my girlfriend." He walked back over to me, placing his arm around my waist.

A huge smile appeared on Lily's face, but Ryder had a face I couldn't quite read. "Fucking hell," He sighed loudly before sitting back on the couch with his pillow covering him. It wasn't anger coming from but maybe...irritation?

"Are you serious right now? Like you two are actually a couple?" Lily asked excitedly.

I nodded while smiling. "Yes, as of tonight, actually."

She squealed but suddenly stopped once Ryder looked over at her.

"Just hear us out, Ryder...please," Nix spoke in a serious tone.

"Please, Ry," I softly added.

He looked at us apprehensively before nodding a couple of times. "Okay, fine."

Lily sat next to Ryder on the couch as Phoenix, and I stood across from them.

Nix took a deep breath. "I don't know if you know this, but...I have liked Scar for a long time now. I've just kept it bottled up because of, well, you mainly. You told me a while back that you didn't want to have to choose between us if something happened and we did get together. You didn't want to ruin the group."

"Yeah, I remember that," Ryder stared up at him, encouraging him to keep going.

"I tried to brush off my feelings, and I was doing a decent job until we got back home. That's when those feelings were creeping back up again, but this time it was becoming more of a challenge to push them away," He took a breath. "Then, at Alyssa's party, Scar made me face the truth once and for all. There was no hiding it anymore. I had to make a choice." I slipped my hand into his, gently squeezing it. "And the choice I made was the best one I could ever make because she makes me the happiest fucking person. You see, Ry, your sister helped me realize that if you never take chances in life, you're going to one day live a life filled with only regrets. And to be honest, I don't want not being with Scarlett to be the one regret I have to live with for the rest of my life. She's too good, too kind-hearted, too dorky, too sweet, and too incredible to let slip away." Ryder's face started to soften at his words. "I'm sorry if it makes you pissed, and I understand if it does, but... I'm not going to let her go no matter what you have to say. You're my best friend, and I love you...but she's the risk I'm willing to take on everything."