D A Y 5

Without further adieu, I present to you...

D A Y 5

Narrator's POV

"I attended Durmstrang Institute up until my fifth year," Miles told her quietly. The room was fairly tense and everything was still. Lola cast 'Muffliato' before Miles explained himself. She was far from shocked. Far from hurt. Lola was lied to. "I was expelled for hurting a student."

Lola couldn't believe what she was hearing, so instead of maintaining eye-contact, she kept looking around the room as he spoke. She looked at her own hands, picked at her nails, looked down at the ground, and just about anything but Miles.

"Why did you lie to me?" Lola asked him, avoiding eye contact. Miles could hear the pain in her voice. Her teeth met the bottom of her lip as she anticipated an answer.

"It's all a part of—Lola, listen to me when I say this, alright? I—I never wanted to do this in the first place—"

Lola got up from her bed as Miles' eyes followed her every move. She crossed her arms and paced around the room. "Do what! Miles, you're really creeping me out—"

"I don't know how to tell you—"

Lola finally looked at him. "You need to tell me now! Do you not understand that I'm—I'm very—I'm bewildered. This—Miles, who are you?"

"I'm Miles, Lola. I've always been Miles—"

"No!" she shouted, "The Miles I know is a fucking muggle! The Miles I know goes to public school! You own a fucking wand and you know a bloody charm! You hurt a student and you attended Durmstrang Institute!"

"I know, Lola. I—Can you let me explain?"

"I don't think I want to hear anything from you at all. They're all just bloody lies—"

"Damn it, Lola!" Miles slammed her bedside table with his balled fist, which startled Lola. "Let me — fuck — let me explain."

Lola contemplated. She would either let this guy go for good or listen to what he has to say. Lola, in fact, has a million questions. For example, why would he cast a pregnancy detection spell? Or why would he lie about being a normal muggle? She decided that it'd be best to listen because there's a chance he may be able to answer most of her questions.

So she sat across him. An armchair in the corner of her room as he sat on her bed.

"I'm...listening."

Miles' throat tightened. His palms immediately sweated as he rubbed his hands on his jeans. His heart rate paced up. The mic was his. His audience was waiting.

"I—don't even know where to start, Lola," Miles sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration. "I— fuck! I'm sorry, Lola. For everything. For fucking everything—"

"You can apologize later. And even then I wouldn't accept it. Start explaining. Your time? It's limited," she spoke sternly. She didn't have any energy to cry. Lola was too confused. Too frustrated. Too mad. Too hurt. To everything.

"I'm not a muggle," Miles spokes, "And... I was told—No, I was forced. Coerced—coerced into this plan to— plan to practically destroy your life—"

"Why? Why my life?"

"It's not necessarily yours, but it's really the life around you. Like—Like your brother."

"Prince? Zeno?"

"Zeno,"

"Why?"

"Lola, I'm getting to that—"