M E A D O W

Ayo, the person that sent this to wanted to let you know,

We need tuh get the gang back tugetha. Enjoy this chapter!! It's super short, but IT'S A HOLE THAT NEEDS TO BE FILLED.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

M E A D O W 

Narrator's POV

July 22nd, 2018

3 months after the 2000s children's graduation from Hogwarts

"Thank you so much for coming out here," Zenith traced the lines of his palms with his finger. He was too afraid to look at Scarlett. He couldn't. "It really means a lot. Does anyone know you're here?"

She shook her head. "They wouldn't let me go if I told them."

"Right," he replied. "I understand that completely—"

"So what did you bring me out here for?"

Zenith wrote her a letter. He wanted to meet her in a meadow to talk. To correctly apologize for all the pain he caused. It's been 3 months since they both graduated from their schools. He figured it'd be best to talk to her, one-on-one before everyone grows into their own lives

"I wanted you here so that I can correctly apologize," said Zenith, finally looking up and placing his hand beneath his thigh. He sat on the stone bench while she sat on the other side of it. They were at both ends. "I owe you that much and many more."

"Zenith, at this point it shouldn't even matter anymore—"

"No," he interrupted. "I hurt you. Emotionally, mentally, and damn near physically. I wasn't brought up to be that way, and an insane bitch can't justify my reasoning for ever being malice towards you."

"You were manipulated, too. I think your actions were valid—"

"What?" Zenith queried. She was too nice. Why was she letting him 'step' on her? "My actions are far from valid, Scar. It was wrong. All of it was wrong—"

"Did you learn from it?" Scarlett interrupted.

Zenith laid quiet. Eventually, he nodded immediately. "100%. I learned from it 100%."

"Then that's all that matters."

"I truly am sorry for inflicting emotional pain on you, Scarlett."

"I forgive you, Zenith. You live and you learn. We were fifteen years old, for fuck's sake. You knew so little, and I, the same. Not to mention, you were manipulated into thinking there were others."

"Were there others?"

She shook her head. "I was too preoccupied with you. I didn't have enough time for 'others'."

It was like a stab to the heart. He truly was fooled into thinking there were others, which resulted in him being so... harsh. The biggest mistake he ever made was hurting Scarlett.

"Again, I'm very sorry Scarlett."

"I accept your apology. I did the moment I heard you were doing great. And the first letter you sent me. And the second. And the third," she said with a smile. A soft chuckle escaped her lips. Zenith smiled as well. "I'm just glad you were doing well. Though I didn't write back, I'm also glad you kept me updated."

"I had to," he grinned. "It was partially the only thing keeping me sane back at Durmstrang. Anyway, do you think it'd be appropriate if I apologized to your family?"