D E C A D E [Z E N O]

Play the song. You know you want to. 

Without further adieu, I present to you... 

D E C A D E

Xenophilius Berkshire

May 21st, 2027

7:32 PM

I had a feeling I already knew what this Danica woman would look like. From afar, I could already tell who she was. Her long, curly black hair. Dark olive skin and plump lips. A tight bosom with amazing legs. Jesus Christ, Mel. Sometimes I feel like she's torturing me. This Danica chick is hot.

I walked into the dainty restaurant with my eyes immediately set on this Danica woman. She's got her legs crossed. 5 maybe 4-inch heels. Valentinos. All white. Gold studded. Peplum blouse that hugged her body so tightly. White capri pants held together by a light brown tassel belt. Leather notebook, a little like mine. Metal calligraphy pen. She's classy. 

Approaching her table with my hands in the pocket of my topcoat, her Bambi-like eyes looked up right at me And she smiled.

"So you're Oshun's father," Danica smirked. "I was hoping it was you. It would all have made sense."

"Oh?" I grin, pulling the seat from underneath the table. I sit across her and scoot in closer, maintaining eye contact. "Amelie didn't tell you? Oliver? Why is that?"

"Why don't you go ahead and tell me?" Danica placed both her hands on the table, intertwining her fingers. Her nails were painted a deep red. Cuticles were clean.

"This isn't apart of the book, Danica," I beckoned, shaking my finger with a smile. "Naughty naughty. What are you so interested in about the making of my Oshun?"

"They've kept it so secret, and I'm just wondering why that is. That's all."

I smirked right at her as her complexion flushed red. Blood pooled in her cheeks as she looked down at the table to avoid eye contact. It's great to know I've still got game. 

I open up the menu and flip through. The sticky menus threw me off, but it's expected. The bistro we were in wasn't all that popular. "So tell me, Danica," I spoke, "Was it Amelie that reached out to you about the making of this book?"

"Yes, she did," she replied coolly.

"Any thoughts on the titles?"

"Disclosed information. Can't share that with you. You'd have to ask Mel."

I looked up from the menu and straight into her eyes. She gulped. "So she's hiding things from me now?"

"I'm sure you can go on ahead and ask her yourself."

I chuckled. "We like to keep our conversations short."

"And why's that? Do you have a significant other that's not letting you speak to your ex?"

"Is that your way of asking me if I'm single, Danica? I've checked your hand multiple times and I notice that you're not married."

Danica blushed. "Let's keep things professional, Zeno."

"If you insist," I replied, looking back down at the menu. "Steak sounds good right now, doesn't it?  A warm, juicy piece of meat. Especially when it's chilly outside, don't you think?"

Danica bit the bottom of her lip, discreetly clenching her thighs together. She cleared her throat and looked down at the menu. "I agree."

"It's hot in here," I complained. I removed my topcoat and placed it behind my chair. Beneath my coat was a tight grey shirt—athletic fabric— that accentuated my broad muscles. I knew exactly what I was doing. Can't help it, you know? Haven't had sex in, like, 2 weeks. "Have you already ordered?"