Chapter 1

edit 10/30/19 — bruh I made this when I was 14 please stop reading this like this is the worst thing ever it's not even 500 words please do yourself a favor and just turn off your phone and read an actual book

Narrated by Melanie_Scratch

...

It was a long day of school.

Marco was walking beside his best friend Star Butterfly to their house.

Star Butterfly recently had moved in, at first Marco hated it, but then he grown to really like Star.

She was his best friend, and nothing could change that.

"So, did you see the new guy at school!?" Star burst out loud.

"New guy? No I haven't. What's his name?" Marco asked.

"Paco..." Star said in a lovestruck tone.

"Whoa, that sound very lovey dovey. Do you have a c- crush on him, or something?" Marco asked, stuttering a bit. He couldn't help it. He couldn't really imagine Star with another guy. Then she wouldn't have time for Marco, and Marco would be left behind... Marco was thinking too much into this.

"Um, YEAH! He's so hot!" Star drooled then poked Marco, making a sizzling sound with her mouth.

"Yeah... That's cool..." Marco sighed.

"Hey bestie, what's wrong?" Star put her arm over him.

"Nothing it's just..." Marco gulped, "...well if you start going out with this guy, you'll never have time to hang out with me and we'll never go on adventures again and stuff..."

"Marco Diaz! How dare you think that! I will never EVER leave you behind! You are my best friend! Plus, I probably don't have a chance with this guy anyways. I'll always make time for our friendship. You mean a lot to me, more than you know." Star smiled and hugged Marco.

"Aw... Thanks Star..." Marco hugged her back tightly.

"Now let's go make some delicious nachos cause I'm starving! I'll race you!" Star plunged off towards their house.

"Not if I get there first!" Marco ran after her.

...

"Finished!" Marco held up a plate of nachos- Star's favorite.

"Mmm! Muy bien!" Star grabbed a handful and stuffed it her mouth.

Marco taught her a few Spanish words every now and then, and Star seemed really interested in learning.

"This day was so boring!" Star slumped into the kitchen chair and grabbed more nacho chips.

"Math was a nightmare today." Marco sighed and grabbed some chips as well.

Suddenly a moving truck raced beside their house.

"Whoa. I wonder if they're moving into that vacant house down the street. It's been empty for awhile." Marco stuffing another handful in his mouth.

"I wonder if they're kids our age!" Star gasped.

Marco didn't like her idea very much. He just liked it to be Marco and Star, nobody else.

"Come on! Let's check it out!" Star grabbed Marco by his hood and dragged him through the front door.