First day of School

Start from the beginning

"We've been unlucky this year as well, potions with Slytherin. Snape, the Potions teacher always favours the Slytherin students. Always gives them extra points" Owen angrily said while glaring past Lynnea towards the Slytherin table.

"I don't really get the house hate, it's-" Lynnea was caught off my Rogers hand over her mouth.

"Excuse her she doesn't know what she's talking about" he loudly said to the people sitting around them, they were all glaring at her.

"Most of it stems from Quidditch and the house cup of course. It's just supposed to be some friendly rivalry to urge people to do well in class. Everyone takes it very seriously though" Nova softly explained to her as she scooped up the rest of her porridge.

"Does each house have a quidditch team?" Lynnea was getting excited now, she hadn't played quidditch for weeks now and she was aching to get back on her broom.

"Yea I'm a chaser on our team, do you play?" Roger asked her.

"Pffft do I play? He asks, I don't just play. I win quidditch, I live quidditch. When are tryouts?" Lynnea confidently said.

"Well well well, they're next Friday I expect. I'll ask the captain, it's me by the way" Roger found Lynnea's confidence quite amusing.

"But be warned Ilves, we have the whole team from last year still here, so you'll have to do better than them" he teased her.

"You better watch yourself, Davies, I'll be the one to kick you off the team!" Lynnea fought back, she knew of her quidditch abilities.

After ancient runes Lynnea was already tired again, she wanted nothing more than to sleep. She had translated all the runes within 20 minutes and had spent the rest of class practising her non-verbal banishing and summoning charms. It was the only one she could do in such a quiet class. No one except Roger who was sitting next to her had noticed. He had not said anything to her about it though.

Getting to Arithmancy was exciting to Lynnea, she would finally be able to speak to Septima again. She had not seen the professor since she was 10 years old. 

She got to class early and excitedly ran up to the teacher. They talked for a while about how her mother was and what Septima had been up to before the rest of the students started filtering into class.

"Now when in class please refer to me as Professor Vector, I'm sure you'll do great in my class," Septima said

"Of course, Professor" Lynnea said with a glint in her eye, making Septima chuckle at the girl.

She was trying to pay attention in class for Septima's sake but everything she said was something that Lynnea had already read and gone over with her brother. In reality, she spent her time the same way as in Ancient Runes. The only difference being this time she did spend a good amount of time just whispering back and forth with Nova.

She spent a good deal musing over what transfiguration would be like at Hogwarts. At Beauxbatons it had been her favourite subject. Since this was where her interest was, it was also her strongest subject, making her transfigurations last what felt like forever and seeming as if size did not matter.

Walking into the transfiguration classroom arm in arm with Roger and Nova she spotted two redheads sitting at the back of the class. Next to one of them was another boy with curly black hair. They were sitting in the innermost spots so there was a free spot left next to one of the redheads. Lynnea looked a bit at Nova that just gave her a wink and a nod.

"I'll catch up with you guys after class, yeah?" She said as she moved towards the three Gryffindors.

Nova and Roger took their seats at the front of the class along with Sander and Owen. Lynnea looked a bit at Nova when she deliberately put herself next to Sander. She blushed after noticing Lynnea's gaze.

The three boys next to her didn't make a sound as she sat down next to them. The professor had not entered yet and the silence was awfully awkward to her.

"Sooo will you guys just keep staring at me or are you going to ask some of those questions floating around those pretty heads of yours" only when she was done speaking did she look towards the boys with a big smile on her face. The one closest to her met her gaze while the two others quickly looked away.

"I'm Fred Weasley," he said as he reached his hand towards her. She took his hand and shook it while he continued.

"This is my dear brother George and our friend Lee Jordan." She gave the two others a small wave and a beaming smile, making both of them blush.

"I guess you already know my name from Dumbledore's great introduction" she sarcastically said. The boys just kept smiling at her until George spoke.

"We were just talking about you actually, Dumbledore called you a great troublemaker, but yet you've been here 2 days without anything. We were discussing if you were as great as he made you sound" the boys all started laughing at her, which annoyed her a little until she had a great idea. 

Under the cover of the table, she lifted her wand. Pointing it at George's chair under the table she quickly fired off a spell. She then confidently responded.

"Well Weasley, the point is to not get caught, so far I've been more than successful if I do say so myself." And at that moment the two back legs of George's chair broke. He frantically tried grabbing the air as he fell back while yelping for Lee or Fred to help him.

Lynnea immediately broke into a fit of laughter as the two other boys helped up their friend. They all looked at her impressed and were about to say something when Professor McGonagall entered asking for everyone to be quiet.