"I will find something!" Stefan swore. "I don't care about what prize I must pay."

"And I'll help!" Elena declared strongly.

"Elena, you don't owe me anything." Damon smiled gently at her. "Especially since I tried to kidnap you."

"Hey, we all do stupid shit sometime, yeah?" Elena smiled back. "And if you promise to fight to survive, I'll forgive you for it, deal?"

"Deal." Damon chuckled softly.

XOXOXOX

Two days after Damon had told her and Stefan about the bite Elena and Jeremy were walking through the town square to join Jenna, Alaric and Caroline to watch 'Gone with the Wind'. Stefan had promised to find Elena when he had found a lead to a cure for Damon.

"Do we have to watch a girl movie?" Jeremy mock whined.

"Sadly, yes." Elena nodded. "I would rather watch 'Transformers' or something but we promised Jenna so here we are."

"Why do we let Aunt Jenna talk us into these sorts of things?" Jeremy asked as he helped Elena spread a big blanket on the ground.

"Because she has puppy eyes and we love her." Elena laughed softly.

"And I love you both too." Jenna beamed as she walked up to them without Alaric.

"Where's Alaric?" Elena asked and looked around as if to see him.

"Something came up, apparently." Jenna shrugged and sat down on the blanket.

"Hey, there you guys are!" Caroline came bouncing up to them with a bright smile. "Who's hungry?"

"How much food did you bring?" Jeremy laughed as Caroline placed three big baskets in the middle of the blanket.

"Oh, you know, a little bit of this and a little bit of that." Caroline smiled.

Forty-five minutes later Stefan walked up to them with a small smile that looked more like a grimace. "Hey."

"Stefan, do you want to join us?" Jenna asked with a gesture to the blanket.

"No thank you." Stefan shook his head. "I was actually hoping that I could steal Elena?"

"Absolutely." Elena jumped up from the ground and whispered so only Stefan would hear. "Thank you for rescuing me from having to watch the rest of that dreadful movie."

"I think I may have a lead on a way to save Damon." Stefan said as they walked away from the town square.

"How and what is it?" Elena looked hopeful.

"I asked Bonnie to talk to her ancestors and while they didn't want to help her because they see Damon dying as balance." Stefan sneered as he said that. "She managed to hear them say something."

"What?" Elena asked.

"Klaus." Stefan looked at her. "I'm going to Alaric's apartment to talk to him now and I know you would want to come with me."

"Let's go!" Elena quickly made her way to Stefans car.

When they entered Alaric's place, they saw several empty bourbon bottles on the table and Kathrine sitting on the bed.

"Oh, bourbon!" Elena called out and tried to find a bottle that still had some liquid amber left.

"Really, Elena?" Stefan sighed and sat down at the table. "You notice the bourbon but not the vampire on the bed?"

"Huh?" Elena looked up from her search. "Oh... eh... Hey."

"What are you doing here?" Kathrine asked with a glare at Stefan but her gaze soon turned to Elena, or more precisely, Elena's neck, as she licked her lips.