A small, relieved giggle was to be heard and he felt how the mattress sank on one side of the bed before the other boy groaned and the trough became deeper. 
Apparently he sat next to him. 

"Did they take off your bandages today?" 

He froze. 

How should Izuku know that? He couldn't know that. 

"Shouchan, we're leaving the hospital in a week, it was only a question of time before your bandages would be taken off. 
You can show me – it can't look worse than my arm."

That drove him out of his hiding spot. 
With his mouth wide open his head shot up and he had just taken a breath to tell this idiot his opinion, when he realized the smile on the lips of the greenette. 

The white blanket fell silently from his shoulders and gathered on the bed behind him, while he stared at the other boy with big eyes, who still looked at him with a smile. 

"That… you said that on purpose." the hero's son stuttered aghast and managed to create a shameful look on the face of the smaller one. 

"Maybe… but!", 
a scarred hand with trembling fingers on a scarred arm reached for his face and he just sat there with a racing heart as Izuku's finger touched the scar and traces its outline, 
"It isn't bad. You look really cool. I think it shows that you're strong."

And then the messy-haired boy smiled at him broadly and shining, with closed eyes and tilted head and something became so much warmer and something tingled in his stomach and please let him get sick so he can stay here longer.

Izuku's expression became worried. 

"Is really everything okay, Shoucan? Your hair is burning." 

He quickly patted his head and it was indeed on fire. He hurriedly turned it off and hid again under his blanket, ashamed. 

And his angel just laughed next to him. 

"May… may I see your hand again?" he asked quietly and the injured body part was placed on his lap again. 

With cool fingers, he traced the jagged and glassy edges of the scar as well as the indentations of the stitches. 
It looked painful. 

His finger stayed on the molten scar-tissue which was much brighter than Izuku's actual skin. 

"Does mine look the same?" 

The greenette shook his head. 

"No. It's red." 

Red? Huh… he couldn't really picture that. 

"Could you come with me? I think I wouldn't dare to do it alone." 

The smaller boy nodded and jumped out of the bed. 
Side by side, they toddled into the small bathroom and Izuku patiently held his hand and waited for him to dare and look in the mirror. 

For a long time, he just scrutinized the stranger in front of him. 
He knew that he saw himself, but it wasn't him
That was someone else but not the person he saw himself as – so it had to be a stranger!

The hair of the boy was two-colored. 
The one half red, the other white. They were smooth and reached a little under his chin and should actually be cut again. 
Beneath his mismatched eyes were purple shadows that hinted at exhaustion and sleepless nights.
The eye of the white half was grey, like the winter-sky before a blizzard and the eye of the red half wasn't just blue, it was turquoise like a silent mountain lake and just as cold and just as… lifeless. 
He did not like that eye, he decided, it was heartless. 
The eye was surrounded by a big red taint of irritated and smelted skin, it was scarred and molten. 
It covered about a quarter of the face. 
It was disgusting.