𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Knowing the truth, Karma just shrugged and let him leave without saying anything, but Clark eyed his best friend suspiciously before letting him go.

"See!" Karma showed Clark his phone, a new high score placed on the top of the screen. They both didn't notice Eggles walk up to them. Karma looked up, noticing the boy's presence. Clark raised his head as well, giving Eggles a face.

"Jeez, Eggles, Creep much?" He told the boy with red puffy eyes, and Karma had an unsettling feeling begin to rumble inside the pit of her stomach.

"I want something to eat," Eggles voice was shaking, but he pretended to be strong. Although he looked cautious at the same time.

"Yeah? And I want to see my parents again, but tough shit, am I right?" Clark sarcastically replies.

Karma kicked Clark at the side of his leg, earning an 'ow' from the boy. Eggles turned to her, "Im sorry, Eggles, my friend here just lost a bet and is being a bitch." She tells him with an apologetic smile.

Something flashed on Eggles eyes for a split second that she couldn't quite point out.

Was it worry? fear? hesitation?

"Are you okay?" She asked him, but he quickly shook his head. Not earning a verbal reply, she looked at Clark and back at him, sighing, "I'm sorry but I don't think we can offer much here. Rules are rules," She tells him.

"Im not asking again." Karma couldn't hear what Eggles was muttering beneath his breath.

"I'm sorry what was that?" Karma asked.

"Speak it louder, Eggpie," Clark tells him harshly. All so suddenly, Eggles grabs the gun from his back pocket. Clark quickly tries to cover Karma, standing in front of her immediately.

"Woah, hey man—"

"Give me the fucking keys," Eggles demanded as Clark quickly surfed his pocket for the keys. "Alright, okay!"

Karma stops his hand firmly, taking the keys. "Karma, don't." Clark grabs her before she could move any further.

She stepped out from Clark's cover and looked at Eggles in the eyes—no emotion in hers.

His hand started to shake, "Don't make me do this."

"Then don't. You have a fucking choice," The words seethe from Karma's lips. "Drop the gun and leave, I'm not asking twice either,"

Eggles looked at her, hesitant, before he immediately runs away from the both of them, taking his gun with him.

"Jesus Kar," Clark breathed out, "Why the fuck did you step out? He could've—"

"He didn't," Karma cuts him off. "Call Leo," She told him, taking the phone that had fallen from the ground and throwing it at him. "Tell him to bring me some damn coffee."

——————————————

The cafeteria was surprisingly full at lunch today. Of course, Karma can't really say for sure, it has been weeks since she last came there to eat, but from what she's heard, it seemed like people were actually starting to come back.