A Rude Awakening

2022 AUTHORS NOTE: HELLO BARRAGE OF NEW READERS???

It's nice to see Jamie acting again! An unexpected consequence of this is that suddenly I'm getting an insane amount of email notifications from this long abandoned wattpad account.

Anyway, here's a disclaimer that I wrote this thing when I was 15. I'm 22 now. The writing isn't actually that bad considering I probably can't write like this anymore, but please don't expect much from this story lol

enjoy?

- b 

-------

My view of the ocean is interrupted by a fire alarm. A fire alarm? Hold up...

I wake up, and everything from my dream besides the fire alarm vanishes. Yes, that's definitely my block's fire alarm. I scramble out of bed, grab my phone, and walk out my door. Just like that? Just like that, because I'm already dressed in my work uniform. I work as a night-shift nurse for the local children's hospital, and when I glance at the time I'm happy to know that the stupid alarm has only robbed me off an hour's sleep. It's 2 am.

Of course, not everyone is as prepared as I am for a fire evacuation, and I watch a tall, lanky figure emerge from the apartment block. His long-ish blonde hair mussed up from sleep, his muscular toned body slightly stiff from a rude awakening. Toned body? Oh my god. He's shirtless, more than that, he's pantless too. He's... he's just in his undies.