• Chapter 12 •

Magsimula sa umpisa

Julia found it hard to breathe as she and Octavia walked over to the window. Through the window was the earth and the moon. It was absolutely breathtaking and Julia felt a few tears slip down her face. She had never been happier.

She stared at it in winder for a few more seconds before turning around and walking back towards her brother.

When she reached him, she looked up in his eyes with her tear-filled ones. "Thank you, Bell." She spoke before wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tightly.

Bellamy smiled to himself as he hugged his youngest sister back. Nothing in the world made him happier than seeing his sisters happy.

Then, suddenly, there was chatter. Julia pulled back from Bellamy and Octavia turned around as they both looked towards the source of the noise.

There were people – real people who weren't Bellamy or Aurora – that were passing them in the hall, smiling and chatting with each other. Julia's tears stopped as she looked towards the people in shock.

Bellamy motioned with his eyes for them to go join the group of people that were flooding the mess hall. So they did.

Julia tried to control the shock on her face as they tried to blend in, but it was hard. There were so many people. Any number more than the three people she knew was a lot.

A smile grew on her face as she and Octavia joined the dance floor, watching the other people and trying to imitate the way they moved.

Soon, Julia lost herself in the moment and grinned as she just danced.

~~~

Life for Julia was not as great in the present though. She and Octavia walked behind the grounder as he led them back in the direction towards the cave.

Julia still had the headache from before and Octavia was limping and soon had to stop. Julia stopped with her and the grounder turned back to see why they stopped.

"Uhh. My leg. I need to rest." Octavia said as she leaned against a tree. The grounder walked back towards them and simply swept Octavia up into his arms and started carrying her.

Julia raised her eyebrows as she let out a laugh of disbelief at the nonchalant way the grounder picked Octavia up like it was a typical thing to do.

He glanced back to make sure Julia was following and so she started to follow behind them.

"Thank you. You saved my life." Octavia spoke to the grounder after a few moments of silence. He didn't respond.

"That girl back there, we know her. So, if she's here, then so is our brother. Please, you have to help him too. They'll kill him." Octavia told the grounder, who didn't respond again.

"O, I'm thinking he doesn't understand you. Or he just wants us to think he doesn't understand you. Either way, I don't think you're going to get much of a response." Julia spoke up.

It wasn't long until they arrived back at the cave and the grounder put Octavia back on her feet as he opened the entrance to the cave.

"Seriously, you're making us go back in there? This sucks." Julia complained and the grounder forced them in.

He picked Octavia up and led them back to the main part of the cave again, where they were when they first woke up. He placed Octavia down on the ground.