1

"guys i think that i might head out for the night," george said to his stream.

he had been streaming for the past four hours and he was getting quite tired. him, quackity, karl, and dream had just been messing around on minecraft, which was always fun. his eyes had started to hurt though, and the headache he had was telling him to go to bed. he read through the chat quickly, his phone buzzing on the desk next to him. he glanced down, seeing a text from dream.

georgie darling you're my best friend

george furrowed his eyebrows at the text, georgie? it wasn't an unusual nickname if the two of them were actually doing something together, like when they recorded videos, but over text it was just weird. he had no idea how to even respond to the text and looked back up at his stream.

"dream? are you still in the call?"

"no he left a few seconds ago." quackity's voice filled the empty silence george was met with. "did you need something george? we're best friends too, you can ask me!"

"best friends?" george raised his eyebrows, feigning surprise to get a rise out of quackity.

"wow george. asshole."

"we're best friends, right gogy?" karl's voice was hopeful as he asked, almost making george want to say no just so he could laugh.

"sure karl, we're best friends."

karl cheered happily while quackity yelled nonsense about how that wasn't fair. george shook his head, a small smile on his face. he went back to the chat one last time, seeing most people saying goodbye or asking why he needed to talk to dream. he said a few last quick goodbye messages to his stream before ending it. quackity and karl were still bickering and george cleared his throat to interrupt them.

"guys, i think i'm going to go. i really need to get some sleep tonight."

"that's such a lie," quackity was using his joke-annoyed voice as he talked back to george. "you sleep through everything, you don't need any more sleep."

george laughed, "alright. i got it quackity, you say that every time we talk to each other. either way, goodbye you two."

"goodnight george."

"night gogy."

george left the call and the minecraft server. he pushed his chair back a bit from the desk, picking up his phone and staring at the text from dream. he still had absolutely no idea why dream had texted him that. dream had never used the word darling in his life, which made the whole text a bit weirder. he decided that maybe he should just go along with it, because other than that he didn't know what he could do.

darling? what is this
but you're my best friend as well

george shut his phone off and shoved it into his pocket as he stood up. he shut his computer off then stretched, his arms raised above his head. he yawned as he relaxed, stepping back and pushing his chair in. his phone buzzed in his pocket and george had a feeling it was dream, but he had replied so quickly after. he pulled his phone out and stood in the same spot he was in.

but there's a few things that you don't know of

george sighed and threw his phone backwards onto his bed. what the absolute fuck was dream on right now? he never texted like this and he never responded quickly. george rubbed his eyes and walked over to his closet to grab some sweatpants, not caring about sleeping in the shirt he was in. once he had changed, he went back to his bed and fell backwards into it. he grabbed his phone, deciding he should text dream back.

well you're a pretty mysterious guy
but why are you talking like this?

george was so confused right now. he had no idea what was going on right now, and dream wasn't making very much sense in his texts. he rested his head back on his pillow, closing his eyes. he'd feel bad if he fell asleep now because he was expecting dream to text him back right away, and he didn't want to be an ass no matter how tired he was. his phone buzz and he held it up so he could see, not wanting to pick his head up.

why i borrow your lipstick so often

what? this just confused george even more. dream said dumb shit all the time, but this was different. he was making absolutely no sense at all, but maybe he was just tired as well. maybe he hadn't slept in three days and he was just losing his marbles today, while texting george. he should probably ask if he was alright.

:0 huh
is everything alright dream?

he knew dream didn't do drugs or even drink, so what was going on with him? was he really that sleep deprived? was he trying to send george some sort of code? whatever it was, george really needed to go to bed and stop worrying about it. he decided to answer dream one last time and then go off to bed.

i'm using your shirt as a pillowcase

george looked down at the text, puzzled. dream had none of george's shirts, so what could he possibly be talking about? then george remembered that him and dream has gotten each other hoodies. the hoodie that george had gotten dream was so comfortable and soft, so if that's what he was talking about, it would make a lot of sense. he almost kept that hoodie all for himself instead of giving it away.

omg do you mean that hoodie i got for you? i almost kept it for myself and bought you a different one so i don't blame you it's so comfortable
but i'm going to bed now :)

george turned his phone off and plugged it in, setting it on his nightstand. he rubbed his eyes and turned off his lights, lying down in the dark. as he fell asleep, he tried to imagine what dream was going on about. he never talked like that and it was sort of weird. he fell asleep quickly though, no longer having to worry about what dream was texting him.