Chapter 4: Royal Capital Of Vermania

Princess Historia was inside her room and waiting for the meeting for the war to finish.

She doesn't know how to fight and she doesn't have the courage to stand in the battlefield so she didn't participate in the meeting.

Besides even if she wanted to participate in battle, Historia was sure that her father will not let her.

The death of her brother gives a massive shock to her father, Historia know that her father still cannot accept what happened and if she also got the same fate as her brother if she joined the battle, this will add to the burden of the king.

The reason why she was waiting for the meeting to end was the certain someone.

Someone who's kind and simple person. Generous and a man who's become happy in a simple things.

Thinking about him makes Historia's hearing beat like crazy.

Ahh why is the meeting take so long?!

Historia was waiting for roughly four hours since the meeting had started.

Knock. Knock.

Historia's face suddenly brighten upon hearing the knock on the door, it was because she knew who's the person knocking in the door.

It was her personal maid who she ordered to report if the meeting is over.

Hearing the knock she didn't hesitated to open the door.

Her guess was right, behind the door was really her maid.

"Princess, the meeting is ov---"

Historia didn't even let the maid to finish what she was about to say, instead she left the room and headed towards the room of certain someone she wants to see.

She reached her destination, she was in front of the room of the man.

The man was she wants to meet is Zenon, in the previous conversation with him, Historia realized the true color of the man.

It is true that Zenon is a demon, but his personality is not. In fact, he was more human than the other person she knew.

She knocked the door.

"It's me Historia, can you let me in Mr. Zenon?"

She waited for so long but no one is answering, she decided to try again.

"Mr. Zenon? Are you there?!"

It seems that Zenon hear her and he answered.

"Princess, please come inside."

Before she knew the real Zenon, when Historia heard Zenon's voice, chills ran down on her spine but now is different.

Upon hearing his voice, Historia feels mixed emotions. She cannot distinguish if her feelings was happiness or excitement or perhaps something else.

She let the guards open the door and Historia entered the room.

============================

Zenon was sitting on his bed while massaging his head.

The meeting was finished but the stress that builds up on him due the useless suggestions and ideas of those dumb people remained on him.

He feels like he will loss his hair at early age due to stress.

Haahh... I wonder if everyone in this world was as stupid as them.

While Zenon was sulking, someone knocked at the door.