Chapter VII -Tense Talk-

Start from the beginning

Aiden nodded, Voldemort was sure that more because of his pain than anything else.

"It's true." There was a pained tone in Aiden's voice if you looked for it, and Voldemort was looking for it.

"So you're spending the winter holidays with us, right?"

Aiden attempted to shrug when a pained moan left his mouth and he leaned on his side against one of the trees on the road to the castle, in order to keep himself standing.

"Mather? Are you well?"

Aiden looked up to the boy that was obviously worried.

"Black, you're the fastest." The mentioned boy that was obviously a Black nodded. "Run to the infirmary." The boy disappeared, running. "Lupin, how is your strength at this time of your disease?"

Voldemort frowned looking to the boy in question.

"Worsening professor."

The boy didn't seem sick...

"Then go get two older students to help me walk." The boy nodded and left.

"Mather?"

Aiden looked at Potter and smiled.

"Don't worry Potter. It's nothing Madam Pomfrey can't fix." He said playfully and Potter smiled nodding, although still a little worried.

Voldemort could feel how every breath pained Aiden, but the man refused to show his weakness to the kids. Two older teens appeared with Lupin, Gryffindors from fifth and seventh year. The two Gryffindors positioned themselves on either side of Aiden and one took Voldemort off of Aiden's shoulder handing him to Potter, before starting to walk with Aiden to the castle supporting most of his weight.

Voldemort couldn't help but hiss angrily the one who dared to touch his Pet was so going to pay for it.

The stairs were painful for Aiden and in the end one of the teens just picked Aiden bridal style and took him in his arms.

"Wow professor, you need to gain weight. You're too light." Voldemort heard the Gryffindor teen comment, but Aiden didn't answer. Voldemort suspected that in a normal day he would start to argue about it.

The school healer was already out of the infirmary waiting for them with a potion in hand that she made Aiden swallow, still in the corridor.

"Lay him on the bed, Diggory." The boy nodded and entered to go lay Aiden down.

Potter tried to follow, but Madam Pomfrey stopped him and closed the door on his face. Potter looked at Voldemort and then started running, Lupin and the other boy on his heels. The three entered the DADA's office and Potter threw floo powder into the fire.

"Potter Manor." Voldemort had to give it to the boy, he thought quickly. If Aiden was a Potter his Lord had to be told in case of illness and, knowing Aiden, few people knew about it.

Right after the boy's head returned, his father followed. Voldemort could see the similarities between him and Aiden. No wonder Charlus had claimed Aiden as a nephew, would be odd if he wouldn't, but that meant that his Aiden had Potter blood in him. Voldemort sneered at that, attacking Potters was out of his to-do list then.

"Why do you have a snake on your hands?" Charlus Potter asked as they walked to the infirmary.

"It's Professor Mather's pet snake, father."

Voldemort hissed angrily. He wasn't the Pet, Aiden was. Charlus Potter picked Voldemort.

"I didn't take Aiden as a snake person." The man said. Arriving, Charlus made a signal for the kids to stay by the door with Black and then entered with Voldemort.