y/n: "I know she would but..." (sighs) "It's me. It's embarrassing for me."

hueningkai: "Because?"

y/n: "He doesn't even know her but he likes her. Meanwhile, I hung out with him that entire Saturday and yet... nothing. Not a single spark on his end. It's like I was a ghost."

hueningkai: "A transparent wall."

y/n: "That makes me feel so much better."

hueningkai: "Listen, if Taehyun doesn't like you then it's his loss. Really."

y/n: "You're only saying that because you feel sorry for me."

hueningkai: "It's true. You're better off without him."

y/n: "He's smart. He's musically inclined. He's cute, at least I think so."

hueningkai: I'm cuter.

y/n: "Huh?"

hueningkai: "What?"

y/n: "Did you just say you're cuter?"

hueningkai: Oh, shit.

hueningkai: "It's a fact. I'm pretty good looking, right?"

y/n: "Yeah."

hueningkai: "...y-yeah?"

y/n: "But I don't like you like that."

hueningkai: "Right. I know."

y/n: "I just feel lost all of a sudden... I think I built it up in my head and now that I know I don't stand a chance, my heart isn't sure how to move on."

hueningkai: "Why don't you focus on being his friend first? You never know, you might change his mind."

y/n: "I'm not very good at changing people's minds."

hueningkai: "Have you failed at changing someone's mind before?"

y/n: "Yes."

hueningkai: "Oh."

y/n: "My sister's. I wanted her to come live with me and my aunt."

hueningkai: "You did?"

y/n: "Of course I did. I was worried for her, staying in that toxic environment while my dad was trying to get himself together. He's still trying but... he's never been very good at picking himself back up after painful events."

hueningkai: "I'm sorry."

y/n: "It's okay. I would never force her. I just.... she's my sister, you know? I miss her."

hueningkai: "I bet she misses you too."

y/n: "No, she doesn't. When you're too angry, you don't even think about missing someone."

hueningkai: "....I've felt the same way."

y/n: "You have?"

hueningkai: "At my mom. She's the reason why I'm even in this exchange program."

y/n: "Oh. I always thought that you wanted to be here."

hueningkai: "I mean, now I do. Now that I've gotten close with you... and, you know, everyone. Now I want to be here."

y/n: "But in the beginning?"

hueningkai: "Hell no. She shipped me here because..." (sighs) "I quit piano."

y/n: "You play the piano?"

hueningkai: (nods) "Pretty well, actually. Like, won-a-bunch-of-awards-and-got-into-a -summer-Julliard-program kind of well."

y/n: "Holy shit, Julliard? Never knew I was living under the same roof as a music prodigy."

hueningkai: "I don't know if I'm a prodigy."

y/n: "Can you find any key on the piano with your eyes closed?"

hueningkai: "Even if I could, that doesn't make--"

y/n: "Answer the question."

hueningkai: "I don't know. Probably. Yes."

y/n: "Changing your name in my phone to Prodigy."

hueningkai: "What is it right now?"

y/n: "Dolphin."

hueningkai: "Dolphin?"

y/n: "Have you ever heard yourself laugh?"

hueningkai: "Anyways. What I'm trying to say is, I get it. The being too angry and not missing someone. My mom sent me away because she wanted me to really think about my decision of quitting."

y/n: "Do you really want to quit? Don't you miss playing?"

hueningkai: "I'm not sure. I've been playing since I was kid and I don't know why I'm playing anymore: for myself or for my mom?"

y/n: "I get it. Just take your time. Your mom should understand that you're your own person."

hueningkai: "Thanks. Seriously."

y/n: "What should I do about Taehyun?"

hueningkai: "Be honest with your cousin."

y/n: "But--"

hueningkai: "The only person you're hurting right now is yourself."

y/n: (sighs)

hueningkai: "Tough to hear but it's true. And like I said, he's an idiot to not like you."

y/n: "The more you say that, the more I feel bad for the guy."

hueningkai: "Fine, I'll rephrase: if he liked you, he'd be the luckiest guy in the entire school."

y/n: (laughs) "That's bullshit."

hueningkai: "It's not."

y/n: "You don't have to feel sorry for me, Hueningkai."

hueningkai: "I don't feel sorry for you. I like--"

(school bell rings)

y/n: "Shit. We better get going."

hueningkai: "Wait, I--"

y/n: "Come on. I don't want to get detention."

[Y/N leaves]

hueningkai: (sighs) "I like you. And I'm too slow to say it, apparently."