Peter

I shoot open my eyes as I get up quickly and get ready. It feels good not to wear fancy clothes of royalty for once. I quickly grab a light blue long sleeve shirt and some black jeans as I comb my blonde hair to the side. I walk out of my room and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face. Ready to put in the day in my pocket. For once...

I head to the kitchen to see Marcus. He looks at me and says, "Morning sir."

I smile widely and say, "Marcus don't call me sir. Just call me, Peter."

He chuckles as he starts putting my plate. I quickly say, "Oh Marcus. I'm not going to eat here. I'm going out to eat with a friend."

Marcus looks at me suspiciously, so I quickly grab my wallet and head out the door before he starts asking questions. I walk to the cafe and when I arrive, I look around to see Elizabeth sitting at a table looking out the window.

She is wearing the same kind of dress of last night but with white flowers all around the dress. I smile at the simple dress she is wearing that makes her look stunning. Unlike Katherine whenever she tries so hard.

"Morning."

She looks up at me with a bright smile that makes her brown eyes shine. "Morning, Peter."

I sit across from her and say, "Have you eaten yet?"

She looks at me confused and says, "No. Why?"

I call over a waiter as I say to her, "To buy you some breakfast since you are showing me around." She kindly smiles at me as I give her a playful wink. We order our food and as the waiter leaves, I turn back at her. "So what do you have in mind for today?"

She chuckles and says, "You are really impatient, aren't you?"

I chuckle at her comment and say with a wide smile, "Only if I know I will have good company."

She looks at me and gives me a hint of a blush. Something about her smile makes my day. There's something about her whole persona that makes me feel....like at home. 

The waiter brings our food and drinks as we start eating. We laugh for a while telling each other jokes. I couldn't stop stealing glances at her. Everything she does is so....interesting to look at. So intriguing in a good way...

We finish as I pay and then we start heading out. We walk around as she shows me different statues and art around the streets of Finchley. We arrive at a park with children playing with water balloons. I smile at the sight of the their happiness and bright smiles.

Suddenly I feel something cold hit me as the water runs down my back. I turn around and see Elizabeth laughing. I smile and say, "Oh, you think that's funny."

She looks at me but continues to laugh saying, "Nope, it's hilarious."

I smirk and playfully say, "Oh really."

I grab a water balloon and start to slowly approach her. She backs away and says, "Peter, don't."

I smile at her and throw the water balloon at her dress. She gives me a playful glare. Her eyes recklessly shining brighter than the sun outside and says, "Oh you asked for it."

She goes and grabs another water balloon as we start throwing water balloons at each other and at the children. I run to the hose I see on the ground that filled up the balloons. I grab it and turn it on as the water comes out . I point it to the children and at Elizabeth.

She looks at me as she chases me around the park with water balloons but I keep aiming at her with the hose. When suddenly the sprinkles of the park turn on. The kids' smiles brighten even more as they started to dance and playing with the sprinklers.

I see Elizabeth standing there letting the water fall on her body. I walk quietly behind her and grab her from the waist and she screams. I turn her around in the water and laugh loudly at her shining eyes. She smiles as I trip on the slippery grass and fall with her.

I fall on top of her as she laughs. She looks up at me and we stare at each other's eyes as I put a strand of hair from her face behind her ear. I look back at her and smile as my eyes then land on her lips. Suddenly I have this urge to kiss her as I feel something inside me, I have never felt for Katherine, start in me. That small click my heart had been waiting for in the past few years...

But she pushes me aside playfully and says, "Come on. Let's keep going. There's one more place." She stretches her hand for me to take as I take her hand and push myself up. We continue to walk soaking wet until we arrive at a small old tower. I look at her as she takes out her hand and says, "Just trust me."

I grab her hand as we walk up many stairs until we arrive at a balcony just like the one back at the palace, but this one is different because Elizabeth is next to me. She lets go of my hand as she walks up to the edge of the balcony and sees the sunset.

I slowly walk up and stand next to her, and ask her the question that has been in my mind ever since I met her. "Elizabeth, how do you know you are in love with someone?"

She looks at me with a hint of hurt and confusion. But then she looks back at the sunset and says, "You know when you start feeling like your hearts and minds connect with just one look. When you are only a few inches away from them, but your heart starts pumping rapidly. Then suddenly everything around you fades away, and it's only you and the one...."

I look at her as she takes a deep breath and continues, "And you know you are in love with that person and you will never stop loving them no matter what happens in life."

I look at her as she has sadness in her eyes. My heart shrinks for her beautiful sadness as I grab her hand. "Hey, you okay?"

She smiles at me; hiding away those waves of emotions. "Ya, we should probably head back."

I nod at her as I say, "Let me walk you home." She softly nods at me and I gently give her a smile that I hope fights back those tears for her. 

We arrive at her place. It is a small simple house as she walks up the steps but before she can enter, she says, "Goodnight Peter."

"Goodnight Elizabeth. I had a wonderful time today. I hope we can see each other again."

She gives me a weak smile as she walks in. I wonder why she felt that way after I asked her the question. All I know is that everything she said about being in love and the way you should feel when you are in love is exactly how I feel when I am around her. With only two days of meeting a person...is it possible to have your heart connect to them as if you've known them all your life? Is it possible to feel at...home with a person I barely know?

I think I am in love with Elizabeth.

I'm in big trouble....