Chapter 29

Mithra's POV

It has been close to twenty days, but still, I have not seen Vijay. Whenever I ask about him, everyone finds a way to turn the conversation in a different direction. I got discharged a few days ago. I can walk, and it doesn't hurt either. Infact, I tried working out yesterday, when Divya was out of the house. I felt perfectly fine. I mean, I know I can work out. Infact, its more recommendable than sitting in bed all day. I know, I'm a doctor.

But I barely talk anymore either. I mostly just eat and sleep, since Divya won't let me do anything around the house. I insist that I am perfectly ok, but she says that its her house, not mine. I stopped trying after some a week or so.

The only person who is always by my side is Rekha. She only cries when she is hungry. I give her the bottle on that Divya kept on the night stand. It is always filled, since Divya fills it up for me. Rekha might be the only reason I'm still so sane. Her cute baby smile just fills the room with light.

Rekha is sleeping, snoring slightly. I smile, watching her sleep.

"Shaurya?" I hear Reddy sir's voice outside my door.

He sounds worried, and that makes me worried.

"In his room." I Divya replies.

After that, there is only silence.

I look through the small gap under the door a few moments later, and don't see the dark shadows of people standing there. I quietly get out of the bed, and tiptoe to the door. Opening it slightly, I peek out to make sure there were no maids or anyone in the hallway at all. Luckily for me, the hall is empty. I slip out of the room, and quietly close the door, careful not to make a noise, as it could be heard by someone, or wake Rekha up.

Slowly walking down the hall, I stop at Shaurya's door. The door is slightly ajar. I can hear what they are saying, but I can't see anything.

"It is very bad Shaurya. We might have lost him." Reddy sir says.

"Sir we have to try." Shaurya insists.

"No Shaurya. We don't know where he is being kept. All we do know is they are in the Charminar area." Reddy sir says.

"Sir-" Shaurya starts.

"We lost him Shaurya. Find a way to tell Mithra. I have to leave." Reddy sir says.

I hear Shaurya sigh. I quickly rush to my room, and slip in, closing the door behind me. Right when I close the door, someone knocks on it. I wait for a few seconds to make it seem like I was walking to the door, and open it to find Reddy sir on the other side.

"Hi Mithra." he greets me, smiling.

I just smile.

"Vijay?" I ask.

He looks down for a second, the smile faltering.

"We are trying." he answers me.

I sigh and give him a small smile.

"Ok. I'll take leave." sir says. I just nod.

"Bye Mithra. Take care." he adds as he walks away.

I close the door to the room, and sit on the bed. I don't know how long I sit like that, but I hear a my phone ping at 9:03. I pick it up to find an image from an unknown number. I click into it, and gasp at what I see.

 I click into it, and gasp at what I see

****

I quickly change into my RAW uniform after I finish my dinner. The time is almost 12. I am armed with my gun, some extra bullet magazines, a few bombs, and a few knifes/daggers. Rekha just fell asleep. I quietly walk over to her, and place a light kiss on her forehead. I gently stroke the top of her head, tears forming in my eyes at the thought of never seeing her again.

Leaving the short note that I wrote to Divya and Shaurya, telling them where I was going, and to take care of Rekha while I am gone...and if I never come back.

I know where Vijay is. The place behind him is very familiar. Arshu and I would always go there whenever we went to Charminar. It was like our own secret hide-out. She knew I would recognize the place, and that I would come there. For Vijay. Maybe its all a trap, but right now, I need to get to Vijay. Even if this is a trap.

I open my window, and prepare to jump out. The drop isn't long. I am just on the second floor, and there are a lot of plants. Instead of jumping straight down, I grab onto the branch of the huge tree. Swinging myself onto the branch, I close the window and turn, prepared to climb down. I see the full moon, glowing softly.

There is only one thing on my mind...

Vijay...

Hey guys! So its a pretty short chapter, but I managed another update. Again, this was supposed to end differently, but it ended this way. Planning on finishing this book soon. Hope you liked the chapter. Do you think Mithra made the right choice by going? Or do you thing it is a trap? Comment and let me know!! Please comment, vote, share, and follow me! Also, I am planning on a #Pranushka fanfic after this story.

Also, if you are interested in finding new books and/or having more people read your books, please follow star_fest_community. The Star Awarsds 2020 need more judges and participants. When applying, PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES. They are very important. Thank you very very much if you read through this, and please apply to become a judge and/or participant. You can be both, but not in the same genre. We are in urgent need for more judges and participants, so I will be very happy if you could apply. Thank you all. Love you!!