the chain

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

Golden Trio Reunited

by Rita Skeeter
4th November 1999

What a glorious day it is! After exactly eighteen months - to the day - that our beloved war heroes, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, disappeared in the aftermath of The Battle of Hogwarts they were finally reunited with their friends and family.

Early information from my trusted sources indicate that two thirds of our treasured Golden Trio, among six more of their fellow Hogwarts students, were found in the cellars of Malfoy Manor. It is unconfirmed as to who orchestrated this mass kidnapping in the first place though there are rumours that Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, believed to have been dead or in hiding since the war, were taken into custody that same day and now await a trial in front of the Wizengamot for their part in the war. Could it be so simple as to who was behind the kidnappings? Do all roads really lead to Malfoy Manor - the "headquarters" of Lord Voldemort during the war and family home of one of his most loyal followers?

Details are limited at this time, stay tuned for more updates as they get to us. (Full story continued on page 3).

***

Mass Breakout at Malfoy Manor: "Silver Trio" and Golden Girl Organise Escape Plan Under Ministry's Nose

by Rita Skeeter
8th November 1999

As promised, my faithful readers, I have received further information regarding the highly discussed and grateful rescue of Harry Potter and his fellow hostages.

Following on from the speculation seen in my first article, The Minister for Magic has confirmed that the Malfoy family were not involved in the planning or execution of the kidnappings. As it happens, much to the surprise of many, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy were in fact held in a secret cell in their own Manor following The Battle of Hogwarts. They now await trials in front of the Wizengamot for their actions during the Second Wizarding War after being apprehended by Aurors in the early hours of 2nd November.

So, you may be asking yourselves, what really happened on the night of 1st November at Malfoy Manor?

A reliable source reached out to me personally in order to set the record straight. Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, and Ginny Weasley - from here on out known as the Silver Trio - alongside Golden Girl, Hermione Granger, managed to infiltrate the supposedly impenetrable Wards of Malfoy Manor and lead the hostages to safety at great personal risk. It is known that the four were ordered to attend their final year at Hogwarts, all but Ginny Weasley repeating their final year - and formed a "friendship" while there. After their graduation on the anniversary of the fall of Lord Voldemort it is presumed that they began their planning of this mass rescue.

It is thought that Hermione Granger, known to many as The Brightest Witch of her Age, led the charge in an effort to return her two closest friends but multiple sources suggest that it was in fact the young Malfoy heir who was the brains of their operation. Whoever may be responsible for the successful rescue attempt, it has been confirmed that the Ministry were not involved until the Aurors were alerted just after midnight on 2nd November - when all those who had been kept locked away were safely out of the Manor. (Full story continued on page 5).

***

Trials of the Wizengamot: The Malfoy Story Continued