13

Simon "sick boy" (left) Mark Renton (right) (if you know them you're a real one)

"Wake up sleeping beauty" Simon nudged Nicole who was sleeping on the couch. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a smiling Simon giving her a cup of water along with some pain killers.

"You'll need them" he said and slightly smiled taking them.

"What time is it?" She asked

"11:45" he answered as he moved to the kitchen.

Renton had fallen asleep on the couch that was across from her and Simon had moved into his bedroom when everybody else fell asleep. He made sure that he covered Nicole with a blanket before that.

"I guess you're skipping today?" He asked

"Yeah I wasn't really planning on going anyway" she said before walking into the bathroom.

Simon was making breakfast for everyone. He never made breakfast for Mark but he mostly did it for Nicole because he knew today would be rough for her. Nicole walked out and searched for her phone. She saw her notifications and sighed. She only replied to her brother and then locked her phone.

Simon went towards the living room and handed Nicole a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs along with some orange juice. Simon was pretty much always the person that would take care of everyone. Especially Nicole because he cared too much for her.

"You want to talk about what happened last night?" Simon asked her

"I mean we just got high and passed out there's not much to talk about" she chuckled

"I mean that phone call" he said concerned. Nicole finished her food and sighed moving to the kitchen to wash her plate.

"There's this guy that I'm dating... well that I dated I guess... and while we were together I was clean and all. Yesterday I had a fight with Diane and he was like you are lucky you at least have a mother and last night he was asking me who I was with and there were drugs and he eventually told me I would slip. Which I did but him saying it made me want to do it more" she explained

"Wait you were clean?" Simon asked and she nodded
"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Simon you and I both know that I wouldn't stay clean for long" she replied sitting beside him.

"Well compared to the two of us" he pointed at himself and mark
"You've basically never done drugs" he said making her laugh.

Mark eventually woke up and they just hung out in the house catching up. Simon got some kind of sales job that they all knew he wouldn't be able to keep up with. It wasn't that he was lazy. Simon is a hard worker but drugs and the fact that he didn't care about anything made it almost impossible for him to keep a job. Renton used to work at construction but he quit before they moved and now is searching for any kind of job.