8

*Rue's voice*

Nicole and Fez have been low key dating for the past 4 months but they were keeping on the low until last week. Nicole looks happy. She told me that she hasn't really been in a relationship ever since her last boyfriend overdosed last year. Her first boyfriend was shot a year before that. Which is really fucked up because nobody would ever think that she has been through so much shit. Nobody would ever think that she's so broken.

Fez also looks happy. He usually kept his girlfriends and his hook ups a mystery so seeing him with a girl in general is something new. He cares about her a lot. He makes her happy. Every time they talk about each other their eyes light up and that have this big smile on their face. At this point I don't know if I'm jealous of their relationship or just jealous of their happiness.

Nicole has been hanging out with Nate as well. Which is another fucked up thing as well. Nicole knows a totally different side of Nate. She knows a kind, caring and sympathetic Nate. She hasn't met the Nate everybody else knows. I don't think she knows all the fucked up things he's done but when she found out it was a total shit show for her and everything in her life started falling apart.

____________________________________

"I don't understand how you came up with all this. I mean do you have proof?" Nicole asked rue as they sat on Rue's bed

"Jules said he didn't look like his pictures and everything is connected to Nate" Rue replied lighting a cigarette

"But why would he do that?" Nicole asked

"Because he's fucked up Cole! His whole family is fucked up and the fact that his daddy is fucking children made him a total psycho" Rue raised her voice.

"I don't know Rue. I mean he's been kind and caring to me. He doesn't seem like that type of person" Nicole shrugged

"Yeah because he's a psychopath and wants to manipulate you" she replied. Nicole sighed and looked at her ringing phone.

"Fez is calling me" she stated and answered the phone

"Hello?" She spoke
"Uh.. yeah sure. Yeah just give me like 30 minutes?" She continued
"Okay see you" she ended the phone and rue looked at her expecting an answer

"Fez wants to hang out" Nicole got up and gathered her things

"So you and fez are like... hanging out?" Rue asked

"What do you mean?" Nicole asked

"Are you guys fucking?" She asked and Nicole chuckled

"No man it's fez come on" she answered

"Yeah right" Rue smiled

"Whatever man I'm out. Love you" Nicole said her goodbyes, grabbed her skateboard and skated back to her house.

By the time Nicole had taken a shower and got changed fez had arrived outside her house and texted Nicole to come outside.

"Where are you going?" Her mother asked

"Out" Nicole replied and slammed the door shut.

"Fezcoooo" she yelled making him smile as she opened the car door.

"You're too much cole" he chuckled

"So where are we going?" She asked as he sped off

"You'll see" he looked at her and smiled

Fifteen minutes after laughing and listening to music they were sitting in his car sharing a blunt and staring into the sunset. Fez had taken her to that same hill they had shared their first kiss. They both couldn't stop thinking about it but they didn't speak a word of it. Nicole wanted to say something but stayed silent. Fez wanted to say something but also stayed silent.

"You scared the shit out of me the other night at the party" fez spoke

"I'm sorry" Nicole apologized

"I don't know if I'm supposed to ask and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but... you got a problem or something?" Fez asked referring to her addiction. He already knew the answer

"If your planning on saying I'm here to help and all that shit keep it to yourself" she warned making him sigh.

"Look... every single person that tried to help me had either died or walked away. I've lost too many people in my life and I don't want to lose more. Especially you" she spoke again

"Especially me?" He smiled at her and both of them were blushing.

"Shut up" she playfully pushed him as they chuckled together.

Their laughter died as they stared at the sky and they stayed silent. It was comfortable silence though.

"I'm serious Fez. You're kind of the best thing that has happened to me in a while" she turned to him.

"Cole you got me trippin man" he sighed

"What?" She chuckled at him

"I don't know it's just something about you I can't quite understand. You're this mysterious girl with a drug problem that I'd usually stay away from but you... it's like I'm addicted to you. When we're not together I think about you. And when we are together I don't ever want you to leave. And goddamn that kiss lit up my whole fucking world nicole. It's nothing I've ever felt before" he spilled out his heart to her and she wasn't sure what to say.

"Just say something" he almost pleaded her.

She stayed silent. Looking into his eyes lost. Almost like trying to find out what he wanted to hear. She couldn't resist him. She couldn't resist the way he made her feel. The only right thing she thought she could do is kiss him. And she did.

They both went on a trip to this world where they only felt happiness and relief. They felt peace. There was nothing on their mind. Nothing that could be in the way of that feeling of ease.