We walk into the party together which turns multiple heads. I can't tell if they either looked shocked or amazed.

"Wow look at all these heads your turning. People just really like you." I quietly speak to Caps ear as we walk down the stairs.

"You think their reaction is to seeing me?" I laughed as we approached a group of people at the party. I don't know these people and I start getting anxiety.

"When did this happen?" Nat was at the bar shaking a drink together. She looked at me and Cap walking together. Cap and I looked at eachother confused. "I'm kidding. Nice to see you here Elissa."

"Nice to see you too Nat." I look around to find Mr. Stark. I see him sitting around a table with some more of the Avengers team. He sees me at the bar with Cap and he motions us to come over.

"Elissa! Rogers! You made it. Elissa I want you to meat someone." He motions for a guys to stand up. He holds out his hand for a shake and I take it. "This is Peter."

"Hi Peter. I'm Elissa Nutris." I smile as we shake hands.

"Hey. So what's your like specialty?" He mothions his hands around the room I guess wondering how I got here..

"Uh," I look over at Mr. Stark. "Cooking I guess." I chuckle but no one else found it funny.

"Oh come on. A girl like you should have something?" Peter and Cap laughed. I looked at Mr. Stark once again. He eyed me.

"Ok well I dont really know what to call it." My voice is as shakey as my hands. I open my fist and sparks starts flying until a flame alights. I see everyone either get up or step back. I close my fist in embarrassment.

"Were you born with this?" Bruce stood up and looked at my hands.

"Um no. I was hit my something when Loki attacked in New York." I dropped my eyes but I could feel everyone else's burn into my face. "I've learned that elements were in my skin from the explosion. They split and my blood cells contracted them."

"Its like nuclear fission and nuclear fusion brought together." Bruce is so amazed by my hands. He held them tighter.

"Exactly but only partly. In nuclear reactions, distinction is made between nuclides and particles. So that means whe-"

"Ok kid." Mr. Stark interrupted me. "That's enough of that for today. You guys can nerd out about this another day." Every chuckled. He raised his class, "let's just be thankful she is alive." Everyome raised and clinked their glasses together. I smiled as a feeling of warm takes over my body. Someone throws their arm around my shoulders. Thor smiles as he raises his glass too. "The bacon was delicious." He whispered in my ear and I cam smell his bacon and beer breath. "Thankyou." I laugh it off. I look around and see everyone smiling except Cap who stands next to Mr. Stark. He just keeps eyeing me and Thor. I shake it off and end up going back to the bar to get a drink with Nat.

"So are you and Steve freinds now?" Nat questioned me as I sit.

"I dont really know. I thought he hated me but he seemed nice when he came to my room." I take a sip of the scotch on rocks placed infront of me.

"Wait he came to your room?" Nat stops doing what she was doing. I pause wondering why that was weird.

"Uh yeah he asked me to come down to the party."

"Hmm. Strange." She smirked. I'm so confused but I shrugged it off. I mean it's not important. Hes the captain. Whether he likes me or not, I'm still just the chef.

The rest of the night went quick. I met so many more people. I talked for hours with Bucky and Cap. Mostly Bucky though. I found out they knew eachother for a while which was kinda cool to learn. Just made me sad thinking Im not that close with anyone. Not sinse Jo. I havent told anyone about her. Mr. Stark already knows but i dont know if he told anyone. I had some people apologizing for the way they acted my first day. I said it was fine and that I was just nervous about it being my first day. The night was coming to an end and people started separating. The team was sitting around the table still talking.

"Hey guys. I think I'm gunna turn in." I waved goodbye to them.

"Aww boooo. New girl doesnt know how to party." Thor laughed holding his stomach.

"Hey hey I do! I'm just tired." They all smirk thinking I'm lying.

"You looked good tonight. I've never seen you dressed up." Mr. Stark surprised me.

"Well this maid has tricks." I blurt out. I immediately regret saying that. I look at Cap who shakes his head at the ground. I can see him tense up. "Uh. I'm just gunna go. I had fun tonight though. Goodnight guys." I waved good buy and they all waved me goodnight. I rushed back to my room eager to get into more comfy clothes. Basically back into my bralette and shorts. 11:42pm. And I still have so much chemistry work to do.

I end up finishing in like 30 minutes. I know I can be dramatic sometimes but come on, can you blame me? 12:28 am.

KNOCK!
KNOCK!
KNOCK!

ugghhhhhhh why now? It's so late and I just wanna sleep.

I get up and walk to the door hitting my head on the wall before opening it to see Captain standing there in his pajamas.

"Captain?" I open the door more to see what's wrong. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

He pushed past me and into my room.
"Oh please come in sir." I sarcastically shut the door. He seemed unsettled. Maybe angry.

"I didnt like what you said at the party." He put his hand in his sweatpants pockets.

"The maid thing? Cap it was a joke. I didnt mea-"

"Dont." He cut me off. "Don't call me Cap." He couldnt even look at me.

"Right. I'm sorry. Ok I didn't mean to offend you. And the maid thing, I just... I was still pissed off by that. I mean I'm much more than a maid and I know you guys didnt know which makes it worse becuase I couldnt answer or correct you guys without giving my secret away. Which sucks becuase you guys all hate me and I wanted to prove you wrong." I sat down on my bed. My right leg was bouncing up and down from anxiety and emotion. Captain sighed and walked towards the door.

"You really dont get it do you?" He hesitated before opening the door. I looked up at him confused. I dont get what he is saying? Why does he look angry at me? His eyes drooped down and he left. I got up and watched him leave in the hallway.