3. The Party

Fuck chemistry. I mean I know I need this stuff but shit, cant it just be easier? I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop open with my school work. I love taking notes but it gets boring after a while. It's been about 3 days sense Mr. Stark and I talked. I've cut down with the cooking so much food. No one really eats its anyways.

I start thinking of all the people I've met. Mr. Stark, Bucky, Thor, Wanda, Captain, Nat and Bruce. Mr. Stark wants me to meet some more people. Someone named Peter and Sam I think. I don't know why he wants me to meet all of them. I'm not even part of the team.

KNOCK!
KNOCK!

"Who is it?" I listen to hear anyone outside.

"Stev- Rogers." His voice was soft but loud. I hesitated to get up as I'm only in a bralette and pj shorts. I grab my robe amd hang it over my shoulders.

"What are you doing here?" I opened the door slightly only showing the right side of my body. He's in nice clothes which is a change.

"Tony is having a party downstairs. I didn't see you so I thought I would bring you down." He cracked a smile. My eyebrow twitched. Why is he being nice to me?

"Um thanks but I didnt know there was a party. And I'm doing stuff anyways." I open the door all the way to reveal my work layed across my bed. "Plus why would you care?" We both stand their awkwardly staring at eachother.

"Look Elissa I know we got off on the wrong foot. You've been here a week and we barely see you. Plus Tony talked to us." I snap my head at him.

"Talked to you? About what?" My voice is shakey.

"Can I come in? I'm just standing here." He chuckled. I decided to be nice and I let him in and closed the door behind him. He sat on my bed next to my laptop. "He told us how angry you were the first day. And that we were being assholes-"

"Well you were." I eyed him. He looked like he was sorry. He kept playing with his hands.

"Can we just go down to the party?" I thought he was gunna tell me more. I guess I'll just talk to Mr. Stark about it.

"I dont have anything to wear." I chuckled of him actually thinking I would go.

"Just something nice. Not..that." he pointed to my outfit. I didnt know whether to take it as offense or kinda just joke with him.

"Ok get out." I smiled at him. He got up and walked to the door.

"I'll wait for you." He smiled and closed the door behind him. Which was definitely strange. I thought he hated me. I mean, I'm just the maid, right?

I end up finding a satin blue dress in one of the bags I haven't unpacked yet. It was rather tight fitting with a slit on my left thigh. I didnt bother with makeup and I put my hair in a messy bun. Kinda look natural I guess.

"Ok your gunna have to tell me if I'm over dressed." I opened to door to see Captain leaned against the wall waiting. "Too much isn't it?"

"No no you look... very well suited for the party." His voice croaked a little as I shut my door. "You clean up good."

"Thanks Cap." I see his head snap towards me.

"Its weird hearing you call me that." He cracked a small smile.

"What Cap? Sorry I won't do it anymore." I got nervous talking to him. I mean this is the longest I've even talked to him or heard him talk.

"I mean it wasnt bad. I just... I dont know. Never mind." He placed his hand on the back of his neck. It's a reaction of being nervous or having anxiety. I would know becuase I do it too.