"So?"  Sue asked, a hint of hope in her eyes. But it quickly disappeared when Embry shook his head left to right.

"She doesn't want to go out. She didn't even looked at me," he said, pained.

"All of that because of that bastard," Leah grunted under her breath.

"Leah," her mother scolded.

"What?" Leah fumed, anger clearly in her voice. "It's the truth. That rat left and because of that, my sister suffers. And the imprinting makes it worse. You know that better than anyone else, mom,"

"Leah," Seth then scolded too. Even though it was truth, recalling their mother of the pain she felt when their father died wasn't really necessary. Leah roughly sighed and looked away.

"That's why we have to be there for her," Sue said.

"I never saw my sister like that," Seth sadly. "Not even before she phased,"

"Jacob will come back," Sue tried to reassure. "If Evie is affected by the imprinting then he is too. It's double sided. Imprintees share the most powerful bond that can ever exist. They are the most strongest and perfect duo when together. But the pain is unbearable when separated, and even more if it's on purpose,"

"Fucking little selfish brat," Leah angrily muttered to herself, referring to Jacob. This time, no one scolded her, perfectly knowing it would be useless. You cannot shut an angry Leah up. But deep down, they were agreed with her. What Jacob did was selfish. He left not even thinking one second about the impact it would have had on his imprint, on his girlfriend, on Evie.

"We gotta do our best to cheer her up," Embry said. "Even just being with her can help,"

"Thank you Embry to be there for Evie," Sue truthfully thanked. "It means a lot,"

"It's okay. Anything for my best girl," he smiled.

Upstairs, Evie didn't budge at all. She stayed lied on her bed, questioning herself, wondering why things were the way they were. She only move for natural needs: showering, going to the toilets and earing. And even for eating, she had to be forced to or she would never do it by herself. Her mother or siblings had to bring her her plates of food so she would eat. At first, the dish would stay on her bedside for hours without being touch.

I'm not hungry, she would say. In those cases, her mother or siblings had to stay with her until she finally gave up and eat even a little only. It lasted for a week or so. After that, Evie would spontaneously get her food by herself and eat, without the supervision of her family. It was a step for them, a small one, but a step nevertheless.

It had been like that since Jacob left. Around a month ago. Evie often, even always wonder why he left. Was it because of her? Wasn't she enough for him? She thought he loved her, so why did he left? Maybe he still loved Bella? It was because of her that he left after all. So he must still love her. Evie perfectly recall the day it happened. She recalled it crystal clear, as if it was yesterday. It was a fresh even in her mind.

It was a sunny day, weeks after the battle against the newborn army. Evie fully recovered from her injury, Jacob and she were together, going on dates. That day, Evie was watching TV with Seth. The youngest of the Clearwater family was half lied down on his sister. The siblings were talking about random stuff. But they were extremely dedicated to the conversation. They really wanted to understand why Ravenclaw was called RAVENclaw but had an eagle on their logo. It was a mystery they swore to discover one day. Existence of aliens was also a topic talked a lot. If shifters and vampires exist then why not alien? And do vampires can survive in space? It was stupid debates but they loved those stupid debates. It's funny and it allows them to spend time together, fooling around and strengthening their bonds. Seth and Evie were partner in crimes, they were best friends. But they little sibling moment was cut short when they heard the front door open. Soon after, their mother, Sue, came in the living room. She was dressed in a shirt underneath a beige trench coat, tucked in a pair of jeans. She looked quite tired. She surely was coming back fromn her shift at the hospital of La Push. Sue walked towards her two children and kiss them both on top of their heads.