Chapter Eighteen

Jennie

"How are you feeling now?" I placed the broom on the corner to get a better hold of my phone.

"I'm feeling better now, Mommy. When are you going to visit me?" Hyun Jun asked

"I'm still busy in school. I'll see you on weekend, okay? Take care of yourself and behave, okay?" I answered.

"Okay, Mommy. I love youu" he said with cute voice.

"I love you too, baby." I replied.

I put my phone on my pocket after I hung up. I already told him that I can only visit during Sundays, and he understands it. 

He's a very kind kid. I wanna stay there longer but the devil might find out about him.  Though I still visit to check him on weekdays too.

"Baby huh?"

I heard someone said. I looked behind me and saw Lisa with her arms crossed and leaning on the wall. I just ignored her and continued to sweep dried leaves. This is the my DA, to sweep dried leaves on the side of a damn building. I never touched a broom in my entire life, this is the first time. I'll make sure to remember that old maid's face.

I declined but she's threatened to call the devil if I don't comply. I don't even know where is the devil right now, but that old hag seems to know where she is. I just chose this punishment instead of being thrown to some random country without bringing anything with me. 

"I didn't know that watching you while doing that is fun. I never thought that you'll ever do such things." I saw Lisa smiled.

I yawned unintentionally. The smile in her face vanished. Maybe she thought I was mocking her.

"You know what? You're still a bitch even if you don't speak a single word" She said.

I ignored her. I doubt she'll still smile or even talk to me if she found out that I'm the reason why she and Jieun broke up. 

I just continued on cleaning. Why the hell would they even plant a tree here if they can't clean the fallen  dried leaves?

"Hey, I'm talking to you." she said.

She's the reason why I'm cleaning here and yet she's the one who's mad. The audacity of this freak. Well I'll just let her be, knowing that she's going through a heartbreak.

I ignored her again but this time, she grabbed the broom from my hand and threw it somewhere. This freak is really testing my patience.

I look at her with blank face for a few seconds, then walked pass her to pick up the broom that she just threw. Don't she have anything to do? I leaned down to pick up the broom when she suddenly kicked it.

"What the hell is your problem? Stop fcking bothering me!" I said.

"Finally, I thought you swallowed your tongue." she said.

"Happy?" I asked with sarcasm. I picked up the broom, but she grabbed it from me again. "What the hell is your problem? Do you want to clean this too? Then go on, clean it." I said with annoyance.

("Baby, let's talk" jokes HAHHHAH)

"Let's talk!" she said.

"Then what do you think are we doing right now? eating?" I said.

"Argh, will you just shut up"

"When I'm not talking, you want me to speak. When I'm talking, you want me to shut up. What the fck is wrong with you? Don't tell me you're letting out your frustrations to your ex  to me? Grow up, ill you?" I angrily said. I grabbed the broom from her and walked away. Fcking ruined my morning.