16. Pledge

I just reached 1M on the feared crimson King and I'm actually crying❤️ thank you so much everyone. Being locked up during corona made me start writing so if you ever plan on doing something NOW is the time! Use these times to make the best of what's happening❤️ i couldn't be more thankful!

And here's another chapter 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are not to tell anyone, is that understood?" Theodore ordered in all seriousness as he stood straight looking down at Emeric powerfully.

He would have never trusted him, but to moment there was a reason to leave him alive, he had to think of Alice. She said she trusted him and he was going to take her word for it.

Hearing steps Theodore lowered his visor quickly, looking back. They'd been so loud that he assumed Alice not to be in her chambers. 

Mary gasped as she saw the two knights, and the blood on the floor.

Being so shocked by the unexpected situation she froze. Emeric was still laying on the ground trying to cover his wound.

"It's not what you-" Theodore began but Mary took of running. Fear overcame her and she ran as fast as her feet could carry her. She'd been cautious of the two knights from a land far away from here but now they were stabbing each other!

She wasn't going to stand around and figure out what was going on without backup.

What if they wanted her dead for seeing something she shouldn't have?

She ran past many empty rooms in search of a knight or two, cussing them mentally for never being around when they're needed.

Panic made her run faster than she'd ever ran before.

That when she saw the princess on her way back to her chambers. Mary didn't think, she ran towards the princess and tried pulling her along.

"Wha-?" Alice tried saying as she struggled to loosen Mary's grip of of her arm. "We- need to- flee!" Mary panted, still trying to pull her friend.

"No, wait- what's going on? Stop running!" Alice tried to command.

"No one is following you!" She added as Mary looked down the hallway in paranoia.

"But they're fighting!-" Mary gasped for air.

"Who? Who's fighting?!"

"The knights from, from Walzenor! They're killing each other!" She almost shrieked.

Alices gazed at her friend in horror.

"Oh no." She said under her breath. "Where?!" Alice asked panicking.

"In front, of your chambers, let's go alarm someone!" Mary whisper-shouted, not understanding her princesses behavior.

"No we can't," Alice mumbled.

"Mary, please trust me on this!" She begged taking her friends hand. "I promise I'll explain it all to you, but don't tell anyone!" Alice requested.