"You've got to be freaking kidding me," I muttered under my breath.

Joey heard me though and laughed at my reaction.

"This isn't a house Joey. Where the hell are we?" I asked, dumbfounded as he pulled a remote out of his centre console. He pressed a button and drove towards a large garage I hadn't noticed at first because I was too distracted by the rest of the building.

The garage had three sets of double doors and as we drove to the open one at the end I noticed it was large enough to park 2 cars deep, easily housing up to 12 cars. We pulled in behind a white Audi I immediately recognised as Harper's.

"Welcome to the Cameron Estate," he said nervously.

"You really, really underplayed how wealthy your family is. Both you and Harper did."

"It's just how we are. The house is excessive, hell this garage is a bit much, but it doesn't change who we are," he replied, slightly defensive.

"I know. I'm just in shock, this place is... wow. Do you all live here? Together?" I questioned, now trying to work out the logistics, given Harper's car is here too.

"Sort of. As you can see it's a very big home. There are wings. My family has the left wing, Harper's the right. There is a large combined living areas in the middle with a kitchen and dining. Each wing has its own kitchen too though, but they don't get used unless we need extra ovens or fridge space on big occasions. My grandfather lives in a small cottage out the back. He used to live in the main house, but decided years ago he wanted his own space after my grandmother passed away. There's also a guest cottage. I'll give you a grand tour later," he explained, while climbing out of the car.

"Uh, right..."

I was still totally awestruck and suddenly very self conscious. I was from a completely different world. I looked down at my old jeans, converse and college hoody immediately regretting my comfortable clothing choice.

Joey noticed my sudden change, taking my hand and pulling me close. "Babe, I know it looks like a lot, but trust me, they don't care what you look like or where you came from. I know it worries you, but all that matters is what's in here," he said placing his hand over my heart.

I melted. Only a few months ago this guy was a cocky jerk and now he stood in front of me with a gentle heart. I knew then that I could easily be falling in love with him.

He kissed me gently on my head and took my hand to lead me into the house.

"You also won my mom over already, and that was after she knew you'd spent the night in my bed," the cocky bastard was back with a wink.

We walked through the house, the smell of barbecued meat wafting through and making my mouth water. The sound of young girls bickering carried down the hall and I heard the familiar sounds of Harper's laughter too. That sound alone was instantly comforting.

I noticed that the house instantly felt homely, warm, alive, and comfortable. Despite the size, this house was more of a home than mine had possibly ever been, but especially so since my fathers passing.

The floor was a beautiful hardwood, expensive but sturdy. The walls an off white colour, with family pictures lining the walls. I made a mental note to take a closer look at them another time.

We entered a large open living area, the most amazing kitchen I think I'd ever seen was in front of us, a large couch and big screen TV was off to the left, on the right was an equally large dining table with at least 20 place settings. The whole area lead to an outdoor alfresco where I could see two men who looked like older versions of Joey and the back of another older man. This was clearly the hub of this home.