Fandango

I stood up smiling, fixing my dress as Katie the hair and make up artist was done with me for the night. Tonight was Monday Night RAW, my favourite WWE show, as I was usually the Ring Announcer, if Justin Roberts had taken ill, like tonight. The excitement was beating out of me, I loved my job, I loved my friends but I also loved the WWE universe. The energy they provided throughout the show was insane, it made me feel alive. I only wondered what it made the Superstars and Divas feel like.

"Ryba, are you ready?" Jason the music tech smiled at me. I nodded softly at him before hugging Katie goodbye. I smiled walking around the stage and down the side of the ramp, I touched a few hands of the fans as they screamed for me. Laughing to myself, I made my way over to the announcer table to join Jerry who was waiting patiently for the show to start.

"Hello Ryba, how are you this fine Monday night?" He smiled widely at me as I stood next the announcer table, balancing on my heels.

"I'm really good." I grinned at him taking Michael Cole seat next to him. "How are you?"

"Feeling a whole lot better with you beside me." He winked causing me to laugh, I touched his leg softly before getting up.

"Hey Michael." I smiled as I turned around, I felt a presence behind and the only person it could be was the one and only Michael Cole.

"Hi Ryba, how is things?" He asked in which I lightly replied a fine. I went over to my sit, grabbing the microphone. A male voice entered my ear signalling me to start the show, so smiling to myself I walked over to the steel steps and entering the ring.

"Ladies and Gentleman, boy and girls. On behalf of the WWE, I would like to welcome you to WWE Monday Night RAW." I called into the microphone. Once I spoke those words, RAW's theme song blasted throughout the arena. The cheers of the WWE Universe was deafening, but that's what made night's like tonight special.

Before I knew what was happening I had already announced the first three matches of RAW, engaged with the WWE Universe and was having the time of my life. The next match up was Fandango VS Chris Jericho.
That match made me nervous, over the last few months of being here, I have developed feelings for Fandango or to use his proper name Curtis. He would always smile at me, make me feel special but in his eyes I was only his friend. Still I didn't like to see him getting hurt, even though this was his job.

"The following contest is set for one fall, Introducing first, Fandango." I called into the microphone as Fandango's theme bounced off the arena walls. Watching him walk down the ring with Summer Rae, I will admit made me incredibly jealous.

Just as I was about to leave the ring, I felt a hand grasp my hand. I turned around and noticed Fandango standing there, his hand in my hand. I looked at him before looking around, Summer Rae had the face of a woman scorned. The only thoughts running through my head was he better not insult me like he had done with Lillian.
I tried to pull my hand free from his, only for him to pull my hand harder and twirling me into his chest with a soft thump.

"What are you doing?" I hissed to Curtis, this wasn't part of the storyline. He was breaking storyline and could get into very severe trouble for what he was doing.

"Just go with it, for me Ryba." He whispered into my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine. His music continued to blast around the arena as he began to dance with me. The grin on my face was uncontrollable, being this close to him, it made me feel so happy, words couldn't describe. All to soon, I felt myself dip, meaning the dance was over.

"Thanks for that." I whispered as he pulled me back up. Smiling I went to turn away, once again to be pulled back into his chest. His free hand began to caress my face, I closed my eyes as his face continued to get closer and closer to mine before I dropped to the floor. "Bastard." I grumbled opening my eyes, my first thoughts was that he did the same thing to me as he did with Lillian, only he didn't. Chris Jericho had attacked him from behind and to protect me, he dropped me.

I scrambled from the ring and over to my chair as the bell sounded. I watched as they battled back and forth. The sound of their backs bouncing of the mat made me cringe at the thought of the pain they were going through. The harder I focused on the match, the more my mind ran. Would Curtis have kissed me if Chris didn't interrupt?

I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't even see what was happening in the match. The next thing, I heard the bell ring beside me and Fandango's theme blast through the speaker. He won.

"The winner of this match as result of a pin fall, Fandango." I spoke. My voice shaky on the microphone but I had a job to do. I watched as Fandango celebrated in the ring, my heart thumping as he looked at me. I turned my head away, waiting for him to leave.
The rest of the night, I focused on my job and doing a good job at that. My mind continued to race, many thoughts plaguing my mind but I couldn't let them affect my job.

"Thank you everyone for coming out." Jerry's voice spoke into a microphone. He sent me a wink as if telling me, I'll close the show. I mouthed a thank you to him before making my way backstage to grab my stuff. I managed to avoid everyone and I do mean everyone, well except for the crew. I made my way out into the car park and drove my rental back to the hotel were I was going to settle down for the night.

**************

I just emerged from the shower when a loud knock came at my door, curious I walked over to my night coat, placing that around my wet body before answering the door.

"Curtis." I breathed looking at the smartly dressed Curtis Hussey. "What are you doing here?"

"I have some unfinished business." He told me coming towards me. I stayed in my place standing my ground, I think that was what he wanted as he placed his hands on either side of my face before attaching his lips to mine. "I've waited so long to do that." He breathed leaning his forehead against mine once he pulled away.

"What took you so long?" I whispered, the excitement of butterflies flying around my stomach.

"I have no idea, but I'm glad I finally did it." He grinned pressing his lips to mine once more. Tonight had been the greatest night of my life. I loved Monday Night's now.